Children’s Home Society of Florida - CHS is a great company | Glassdoor

"CHS is a great company"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Children’s Home Society of Florida full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Longevity and sustainability of the agency. Most of the field have a great impact on the families and children they serve. Growth and development of people within the company.

Cons

The salaries are lower than private or corporate agencies because it is a non profit.

Advice to Management

Ensure that policy changes that affect front line team members are communicated and feedback is encouraged on the outcome of the change.

Children’s Home Society of Florida2019-01-24

Children’s Home Society of Florida Response

May 20, 2019Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're committed to creating an open, transparent and collaborative environment for our team members -- your input helps us continue working to be the Employer of Choice in social services. We appreciate you and all the good you've done for the ...

1. "Awesome Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Early Head Start Home Visitor in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Children’s Home Society of Florida full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule Work from home Awesome place to network and grow within the company Frequent paid time off Friendly work environment

Cons

Driving from visit to visit can be exhausting. Case overloads. Underpaid Social worker

Children’s Home Society of Florida2019-05-29

Children’s Home Society of Florida Response

July 27, 2019Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for taking the time to share your point of view; we appreciate all you do for the children and families we serve. You do good!

2. "Company that really wants to do good"

Current Employee - Confidential

I have been working at Children’s Home Society of Florida full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people generally have the same ideals and mission (you will always have a few bad apples). Everyone wants to help children, which is great. Because of this, they attract good natured people. My manager is also very helpful and communicates pretty well.

Cons

The company is always restructuring. I understand change is inevitable but in some cases, the restructuring seems to occur for the wrong reasons. This causes friction from employee to employee because nobody understands what others responsibilities are or the scope of these responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Please stop hiring "friends". Vetting for positions that are higher up the chain seems to be nonexistent because of all of the turnover. Turnover rate should not be high for Executive positions. A google search, would give plenty of information on a person as well and rushing background checks because someone is needed in a position rather than them being right for it can do more damage.

Children’s Home Society of Florida2019-08-20

Discover more reviews about Children’s Home Society of Florida.