Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters - It could be so much more... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters

"It could be so much more..."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of friendly people to work with, great intern program, good surgeons, patient's can be adorable.

Cons

It doesn't have a merit based pay initiative, it only gives out a cost of living wage, and even that is taken away when finances are difficult. No clinical ladder. Advancement opportunities are not really earned but given to friends as perks. There is no retention program, there is no retention.

Advice to Management

You shouldn't be afraid of what is the right thing to do.

Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters

1. "Not a pleasant experience for me"

Former Employee - Manager-job Ended In 2006 in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Manager-job Ended In 2006 in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with ill children and infants

Cons

Heavy political (politically correct) atmosphere

"Underpaid, underappreciated w/unrealistic expectations"

Former Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The children.
    The impact you can make on the family of a sick child is all the gratitude I need.
    The doctor I worked under was amazing & we kept in touch long after I left the practice.

Cons

Besides being completely underpaid, management was very cruel and played favorites; enjoyed pitting colleagues against one another.
    Got to the point where I hated coming to work.

Advice to Management

A new manager altogether would be a wise idea.