Children's Hospital & Medical Center - One of the worst job experiences I've ever had | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital & Medical Center

"One of the worst job experiences I've ever had"

Former Employee - Finance in Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Finance in Omaha, NE

I worked at Children's Hospital & Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Hospital is very interested in patient satisfaction

Cons

I received very poor training and the employees were less than friendly or helpful. They have a no overtime rule period. As a new employee, I was expected to learn and complete work in the same amount of time as employees that have been there over 10 years. I think Children's is a good organization and I was proud to be a part of the Hospital but embarrassed to have worked in the Finance department.. I would not recommend working in Finance. Also, health insurance very poor.

Advice to Management

The overtime policy needs to be more flexible. I understand about keeping costs down, however, sometimes a little extra time is needed to complete projects correctly. Management should be more aware of what's really going on in the department.

Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital & Medical Center

1. "Will never work in adult care again!"

Current Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Children's Hospital & Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Environment, culture, support from administration. The culture at Children's is a constant reminder and testament to our mission..."So that all children may have a better chance to live." All of the employees at this organization, from providers to kitchen staff, are focused on the children we serve.

Cons

Small private hospital = not as competitive with salaries. Salaries are lower than surrounding hospital systems, but it is understandable because Children's is not a large hospital. The benefit of working in the environment and culture that Children's provides is worth sacrificing a few dollars/hour to be happier and more engaged at work.

Advice to Management

Focus more on teamwork

2. "Good company to work for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Children's Hospital & Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good compensation and Benefit, Work/Life balance was pretty good.

Cons

Average management (in my department). I did not like their health insurance. Don't know if there are some improvements now.