Children's Hospital & Medical Center - One of the worst job experiences I've ever had | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital & Medical Center

"One of the worst job experiences I've ever had"

Former Employee - Finance in Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Finance in Omaha, NE

I worked at Children's Hospital & Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Hospital is very interested in patient satisfaction

Cons

I received very poor training and the employees were less than friendly or helpful. They have a no overtime rule period. As a new employee, I was expected to learn and complete work in the same amount of time as employees that have been there over 10 years. I think Children's is a good organization and I was proud to be a part of the Hospital but embarrassed to have worked in the Finance department.. I would not recommend working in Finance. Also, health insurance very poor.

Advice to Management

The overtime policy needs to be more flexible. I understand about keeping costs down, however, sometimes a little extra time is needed to complete projects correctly. Management should be more aware of what's really going on in the department.

Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital & Medical Center

1. "Will never work in adult care again!"

Current Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Children's Hospital & Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Environment, culture, support from administration. The culture at Children's is a constant reminder and testament to our mission..."So that all children may have a better chance to live." All of the employees at this organization, from providers to kitchen staff, are focused on the children we serve.

Cons

Small private hospital = not as competitive with salaries. Salaries are lower than surrounding hospital systems, but it is understandable because Children's is not a large hospital. The benefit of working in the environment and culture that Children's provides is worth sacrificing a few dollars/hour to be happier and more engaged at work.

Advice to Management

Focus more on teamwork

"It started out oaky, but going through a lot of growing pains"

Current Employee - Nurse
    Current Employee - Nurse

I have been working at Children's Hospital & Medical Center full-time

Pros

Working with children on a daily basis and having an impact on wonderful peoples lives. Working with people who have a patient centered focus.

Cons

Not being appreciated as a workforce
    Poor compensation
    Okay Benefits
    High Turnover (Traveling RN's now needed due to it)
    Employee satisfaction low

Advice to Management

Appreciate the work that the people working with the patients on a daily basis do, they are the face of the organization and make your job possible.