Children's Hospital of Philadelphia - Loved the atmosphere, not so much the supervisor | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

"Loved the atmosphere, not so much the supervisor"

Former Employee - Third Cook in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Third Cook in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, Great infrastructure, Great values and morals and Great staff to work with.

Cons

Hated the third party employers, specifically ARAMARK. I just hated the feeling I got from them, that they thought they owned the place.

Advice to Management

Eliminate third party supervisors, have staff directly report to hospital management, not outside outsourcing.

Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

1. "Great Opportunity to see Hospitals in a different light"

Former Intern - Part Time Parc Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Intern - Part Time Parc Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I met many different doctors and patients from all different walks of life. I enjoyed seeing how a Hospital is maintained and run, instead of just seeing it as a place for treatment. I met many great coworkers that inspired me to look beyond medicine as just helping a patient, but rather healing and keeping up with a patients health even beyond a patient's discharge.

Cons

I think scheduling and acquiring information to and from HR took too long and caused more problems than it should have. If papers and the entire outlook on what we were doing were stated in the very beginning, their would be less applicants and more applicants that actually enjoyed and wanted to learn the business and or patient care of this hospital system.

Advice to Management

I would hope that HR would be more efficient and timely when dealing with our applications. I understand they have many things to get done as do the students themselves. I would also suggest taking more time to see if this internship is important and relevant to a student's academic major and or career path.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Clinical Research Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at CHOP opens so many doors and is a really great work environment. People really care about research and clinical practice and making sure that kids have better experiences here.

Cons

It is hard to find out when positions are open.

Advice to Management

Create a more streamlined process to become an employee.