Children's Hospital of Philadelphia - Horrible mistake, transferring to a new hospital ASAP | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

"Horrible mistake, transferring to a new hospital ASAP"

Former Employee - Oncology Access Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Oncology Access Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay decently, prestigious job, feel like I'm making a difference

Cons

Coworkers are horrible and catty, administrators are horrible, little to no guidance on position, nobody takes blame or control for their problems, training was the blind leading the blind.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees rather than telling them to "figure it out", just because somebody has been doing their job for 25 years does not mean they have been doing it correctly if effectively

Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

"Work here if you like micro-management, work bullying, lies and favoritism."

Current Employee - Pathology Department in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Pathology Department in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work for children, generous PPL.

Cons

This is not the first job I have ever had so I am trying to be objective and not so negative about this place. I will only speak about my department-Pathology.

The most and least efficient micro-management ever seen. There is no flexibility whatsoever. The supervisors and managers DO not care about employees because they are there for their own agenda. They do not speak up for their employees, all they do is complying with their higher bosses.

Work bullying. Because the hospital does not like to fire anyone, people who work there for so long sometimes think they are untouched. A lot of work bullying.

Lies. Lies. Lies.

Favoritism. In order to move up, you must comply with higher bosses and be on their good side. They don't like to hear any constructive ideas like other places.

Of course, there are some very nice people in the department. But a lot of them are treated unfairly.

Advice to Management

Pointless. They do not care.

"Good employer depending on where and who you work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I worked at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, basic cooperation between departments and good pay

Cons

Job was very limited with no room to grow and there was often a lack of communication of what was expected.

Advice to Management

Micro-managing employees is not the most efficient way to get the job done. A little trust goes a long way