Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics - Working for the laboratory at this hospital was a nightmare | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

"Working for the laboratory at this hospital was a nightmare"

Former Employee - Laboratory in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Laboratory in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NONE. There are 0 pros to working for this Hospital's Laboratory.

Cons

In terms of the Laboratory at Children's Mercy, add 1 hour on to your day to ride a shuttle bus to and from your car, take 15 minutes out of your break time just to walk to the cafeteria, and every time you need to use a restroom wait at 30 minutes and fight off at least 5 co workers for a place to have a waz. This facility has the worst laboratory I have ever seen, because of its design and because of the monstrous people working in it. On top of poor design, there are too many PHDs MDs and Managers at this lab and not enough people actually doing productive work, especially in "core lab" hematology and chemistry departments. I have never seen such an intense concentration of workplace sharks in my life. There are too many foreign born people working for this laboratory and many of them have not assimilated to US culture and/or they are the type of people who view their cultural heritage as superior to that of natural born American citizens. This is an extremely hard place to make friends and approach management about anything for fear of offending someone of a particular "demographic." I would not work for this lab if they paid me a million dollars an hour, I would not recommend my worst enemy work for this lab, and I would certainly not recommend anybody have any business transactions with this lab or any other lab which perpetuates workplace misery on such an inconceivable level.

Advice to Management

CLOSE THIS LAB NOW! And outsource all your lab work to Labcorp or Quest or any other accredited reference lab, these corporate businesses do it better andmore professionally than all of the staff at CMH labs COMBINED, and for a cheaper price too.

Other Employee Reviews for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

1. "The best hospital to work at in Kansas City"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse In the Pediatric Intensive Care in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Great nurse to patient ratio
    Oppurnities for education
    Hosptial is designed to truly give the best care possible to the patient's and their families

Cons

Hard to get a job there
    Lower pay initially but worth it

Advice to Management

They do a truly wonderfukl job!!

2. "Fantastic Environment, Supportive Leadership"

Current Employee - Nurse in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Nurse in Kansas City, MO

Pros

I love working for Children's Mercy. The management is fair and high-level leadership is very competent and makes good choices for the employees. My immediate supervisors have worked with my through struggles in my personal life. They will adapt and make changes to accommodate their employees needs. I would recommend a job at the hospital to anyone seeking to work with good quality health professionals. Staffing ratios are suburb, they have to be the best in the metro.

Cons

The worst thing I can think of is that we must ride a shuttle bus from the off-site parking location. At most, this is a slight annoyance.

Advice to Management

Keep fighting the good fight for your employees. We appreciate you!