Childtime Learning Center - Great experience with the kids, frustration with the organization | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Childtime Learning Center

"Great experience with the kids, frustration with the organization"

Current Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in Martinez, CA
Current Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in Martinez, CA

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone starts part-time and within 6 months I was made full-time with a typically steady schedule. The kids are why I stay here--I have full creative license with my classroom, get to create supplemental curriculum and activities and build rewarding relationships with babies and their families. I feel like I am helping and molding young minds. The center is kept up pretty well: clean, caring and focused on providing children quality education and experiences. Paperwork is required, but usually a small amount of prep time and nap time makes it manageable. Parent-Teacher Conferences twice a year, and monthly parent events are a good opportunity for building relationships. Management encourages teachers to design a stimulating classroom environment which is fun.

Cons

Low pay and unorganized management leads to high part-time teacher turnover. When teachers leave on short notice the remaining staff is expected to pick up the slack (no time granted off, overtime, extra paperwork, etc.). Lack of communication means that I have to learn most of my important information by listening in to other people's conversations. They have "forgotten" to tell me that my hours were adjusted/conferences rescheduled for times when I am not usually there. Lots of gossip among the all female staff and management. New supplies for the classroom are limited and often I have to buy my own supplies if I want them. Benefits aren't really worth it--I don't use any of them.

Advice to Management

Communicate with staff...write us notes, call us, ask us if you already talked to us about something. Make sure we know what's going on so we don't look blindsided when a parent approaches us about something we "should" have known about. Offer more full-time positions, higher pay and raises as incentives for employees to stay and build stable programs and better bonds with the children.

Other Employee Reviews for Childtime Learning Center

1. "Enjoyed being my own lead teacher in the room by myself"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Akron, OH

I worked at Childtime Learning Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Liked the family clientele and demographics, Very close to home.

Cons

Low pay increases over the years. Whatever the Director says, goes, even if totally wrong. A lot of time required off the clock to do job properly and effeciently. Extremely little verbal praise or "Hey, you did good on that",etc. Very, very hard to get time off needed for Dr.s appointments, etc. A LOT of black out time for days off and vacations.

Advice to Management

Some simple common courtesy can go a long, long way for positive moral.

2. "A great place to work but..."

Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher/Team Lead in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher/Team Lead in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get off early, breaks, breakfast and lunch provided, nice and helpful staff.

Cons

The only con I have is the fact that when I accepted the job I was told I would work 12:00-6:30 however when I arrived for orientation I was told I would work 7-7-4 which is a drastic change. I feel that I was tricked into accepting the job. I was guaranteed the 12pm shift because they needed a person at that time only to find out that wasn't true. I'm working out my schedule with the general manager right now so I can get back in school. The pay is also very low for a person with a bachelor's.

Advice to Management

Tell the truth about what hours you need your staff to have. Offer competitive salaries.