Chinese-American Planning Council - good part-time opportunity | Glassdoor

"good part-time opportunity"

I have been working at Chinese-American Planning Council part-time for more than a year

Pros

I work in one of the public school locations where there is a great sense of community, almost like a large family. The staff works together very well, everyone is friendly and willing to lend a hand. It's a great place for a part-time job, and a great foothold for those looking to gain some experience in a school setting. As part of the teaching staff, you really develop a close bond with your students, and... many times it can be a great deal of fun. Especially when you get to go on class trips with them. It's much easier to get a position in the company if you know a current employee, and the processing for when I was hired was very quick.

Cons

There's a lot of pressure on the students and teachers to keep up with the DOE core curriculum standards. The classroom setting can be chaotic, especially for someone inexperienced with handling large groups of children.

Chinese-American Planning Council2015-05-27

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great"

Current Contractor - Instructor

I have been working at Chinese-American Planning Council

Pros

great place, jeff is awesome

Cons

none that i can think of.

Chinese-American Planning Council2019-10-01
  2. "Great experience so far!"

Current Employee - Personal Care Assistant

I have been working at Chinese-American Planning Council full-time for more than a year

Pros

From my own experience working for CAPC, several pros I've come across the year and some months are: - Flexible hours - Coordinator who I normally speak with is amazing and helpful -Overall it gives you the ability to take care of a family member or loved one whether you're a live-in or not

Cons

For as long as I have been working here I can say the only cons I've come across are: -The number to clock in/out sometimes doesn't work so if you don't have the backup number, you might have to wait for a timesheet to come in -SOMETIMES management can be a bit of a hassle to get to or even get questions answered at times

Advice to Management

Thank you for making this possible. I am able to attend to my brother with my flexible schedule as well as still make ends meet being a full-time student.

Chinese-American Planning Council2019-09-13

Discover more reviews about Chinese-American Planning Council.