Chinese-American Planning Council - Administrative Assistant | Glassdoor
  1. "Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Chinese-American Planning Council part-time

Pros

I work under the Federal work program establish by U. S. Department of Labor for senior. As an Administrative Assistant working for a Social Justice Organization my duties and responsibility is developing response to prisoners letters throughout the country seeking information, materials pertaining to Housing, Re-entry Programs and Legal and health issues.

Cons

Working for the Chinese-American Planning Council, Inc., formerly The Partnership for the Homeless, is the supervising agency for the Federal Work program, Senior Community Service Employment Program, for the Host Agency, which is the Fortune Society where I work part time.

Advice to Management

I am an accountant by trade. I have extensive work experience in Finance and in preparing and filing Federal, State and Local corporate income tax returns. I also have extensive proofreading experience, both financial and legal, for a large financial institution and law firm. I am able to multi -task ,work with little or no supervision and to work well with the team.

Chinese-American Planning Council2015-09-16

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great"

Current Contractor - Instructor

I have been working at Chinese-American Planning Council

Pros

great place, jeff is awesome

Cons

none that i can think of.

Chinese-American Planning Council2019-10-01
  2. "Great experience so far!"

Current Employee - Personal Care Assistant

I have been working at Chinese-American Planning Council full-time for more than a year

Pros

From my own experience working for CAPC, several pros I've come across the year and some months are: - Flexible hours - Coordinator who I normally speak with is amazing and helpful -Overall it gives you the ability to take care of a family member or loved one whether you're a live-in or not

Cons

For as long as I have been working here I can say the only cons I've come across are: -The number to clock in/out sometimes doesn't work so if you don't have the backup number, you might have to wait for a timesheet to come in -SOMETIMES management can be a bit of a hassle to get to or even get questions answered at times

Advice to Management

Thank you for making this possible. I am able to attend to my brother with my flexible schedule as well as still make ends meet being a full-time student.

Chinese-American Planning Council2019-09-13

Discover more reviews about Chinese-American Planning Council.