Chipotle - Good but stressfull | Glassdoor

"Good but stressfull"

Former Employee - General Manager in Toledo, OH
Former Employee - General Manager in Toledo, OH

I worked at Chipotle (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pros: family atmosphere but created by the leaders, good benefits

Cons

Cons: hard to seperate life/work. Double standards and favoritism

Advice to Management

Listen to your crew, on all levels of management. Respect and know your people and speak up for what is right.

Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle

"Inconsistant with their views as a company"

Current Employee - Everything Except Grill Or Manager in O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Everything Except Grill Or Manager in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like the high standards we live and breathe by. The care we have for our customers is AWESOME. This would be a great "first job" or someone who is willing to give their soul to the company.

Cons

I wish Chipotle cared about our employees as much as the customers, especially wages since this is a restraunt and not fast food. In my state there are no break requirements, so about half of the time we do not get a break at our store, meaning no food in our stomachs for at least 7+ hours. From my personal experience, there is a lot of favoritism from management which makes other hard working employees frustrated.

Advice to Management

Wages should not be based on personal relationships between manager and crew.. It should be based on hard work and dedication.

"Lots of Opportunity"

Former Employee - Fax Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Fax Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Chipotle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really liked how Chipotle practiced what they preached with the company model of, "Food with Integrity." Chipotle aims to do everything in their business the right and ethical way when it comes to the food and treating their people. Fast paced working environment that makes work go by insanely fast. I remember working shifts that were 7 and a half hours long but they felt half the time once my shift was over. Work is an everyday challenge that constantly challenges you to better yourself.

Cons

Managers are promoted very quickly often with very little experience as to what their positions responsibilities are. Management also needs to stay true to what they promise their employees. I can remember countless times that my GM told me I was going to move up to be a KM and later be service manager. Almost a whole year later after being one of the highest top performers in my restaurant management still did not promote me to a KM. The highest position I got to was Fax Manager which was alot of work for very little pay. Work often overflowed into my personal time. I love Chipotle and everything they stand for but was very disappointed in the management.

Advice to Management

To reiterate what I said management needs to stay true to they promise. If you move higher up in management please understand your role and responsibilities. Ive had great talented managers and others that were horrible.