Chipotle - High standards | Glassdoor

"High standards"

Current Employee - Crew Member in Malibu, CA
Current Employee - Crew Member in Malibu, CA

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It has a great business culture. Very clean, and nothing to hide. You get a free meal on days you work. If not, you get 50% off if you buy from that store.

Cons

None so far, other than the fact that we are short on employees. I understand that it's hard to hire in Malibu.

Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle

"Food with Integrity/Not People with Ingrity"

Former Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Chipotle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Chipotle offers a great quality of life along with some great benefits not seen in the industry. The hours are easy for the industry.

Cons

Chipotle treats their employees with more respect then their managers. If you hire someone, they better be good enough to move up the chain or you get in trouble.

Advice to Management

If you really cared about how animals were treated then why would you kill them in the first place. Treat them right and then lead them to slaughter just like you did with all your older managers once you used them up. You advertise that 97% of your managers started out as crew. That is a hard one to swallow considering how big you are now. You must consider the service manager as crew to get that number. Before they went public we had the FOS plan. Friends of Steve were hired in and given great stock options. Must take care of your high school buddies even if they have no clue on running a restaurant.

"Not as great as it looks..."

Former Employee - Crew Member in Castro Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Castro Valley, CA

I worked at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I've worked with, the pay was higher than my city's minimum wage.

Cons

Chipotle works their employees like a dog. They make sure they get every single penny you're working for out of you & you go home with nothing but sore muscles. I think the pay isn't worth what you have to do to work there. Which is why I found a better job that appreciated me and decided to pay me higher because I was a "great employee w/ plenty of experience"

Advice to Management

Stop promoting people that aren't ready. I felt like a lot of them would just give people the job because they wanted it, well it takes training for a longer period than just a couple weeks in another city. Another thing was that people at the Chipotle I worked at would get hired, hated it and then quit like 1-3 months after. I've never witnessed anyone that was hired stay for longer. The manager also hired way too many people a week that the hours got really short & people were working 6 hours a week which isn't fair at all. Overall, my manager was not good at what she did.