Chipotle - GM Chipotle | Glassdoor

"GM Chipotle"

Current Employee - Restaurateur/General Manager in Harrisburg, PA
Current Employee - Restaurateur/General Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunities available at Chipotle

Cons

Work Life/Blanace is very difficult in my region.

Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle

1. "Crew Member"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Apple Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Apple Valley, MN

I worked at Chipotle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people and environment were good, easy to move up, free food while working, good location and easy to transfer between locations

Cons

The training was not very good because we were so busy, it is hard work, long hours always had to stay later than my shift.

2. "Food Prep - If you need a job, it's for you. if you have any talents or skills, go somewhere else"

Current Employee - Prep Cook in Union City, CA
    Current Employee - Prep Cook in Union City, CA

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free food when clocked in and 50% off when clocked out. Few friendly crew members.

Cons

Very laborious for the almost minimum wage. managers are underqualified and have poor communication and poor english. spoke spanish 90% of the time. i was the only asian and everyone else was of latin decent. i would never know if they talked about me. Very uncomfortable work enviroment. Line worker gets to be trained for kitchen manager and barely learned to slice bell peppers. no dish washer nor anyone assigned specifically for washing dishes makes closing the store ridiculous. if the schedule says your shift ends at 11:30pm, you're getting out at 12:30am. i was in the back washing dishes for 2-3 hours straight! Getting called in on my days off because of managements fault for lack of better scheduling is very inconvenient. The work required took quite a toll on me. luckily im very active and exercise everyday but this job makes it hard to do that. and on top of that, from cutting and washing dishes all day, my hands developed blisters and soreness. Goes away after a while, but comes right back when you work the next time.

Seems like anyone can be a manager, its just a matter of memorizing how everything works. But certain things are not taught to you or you are kept from doing a specific duty and you have to stay in that position. i have never worked the line in the front but i know 100% sure i can provide better customer service than the ones there. 80% of the time the managers are either in the office, or in the line, never doing any prep work. and if they are, its for a short period of time.

Also with 3 days of working i was never informed that i get tips from being a part of the crew. "If you don't ask about your tips, they take it", is what i was told. From a manager! seems like something a manager should regulate for fair treatment for all employees.

Advice to Management

There should be kitchen tools that would help efficiency like slicing and/or dicing vegetable. The time frames that they want things done are just unrealistic. No glove policy to wash dishes is stupid.