Chipotle - Hard work, low pay- not the worst | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

"Hard work, low pay- not the worst"

Current Employee - Crew Member in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Crew Member in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its an okay environment to work in. If you're a hard worker management will recognize that and show their appreciation by giving you the days you request off and will work with you to create a schedule that works for you. Raises every 6 months if you meet or exceed the standard.

Cons

Petty drama and bad hiring resulting in coworkers who don't work or follow standard procedures.

Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle

1. "Great Part time job during summer"

Current Employee - Cook in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Cook in New York, NY

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

benefit
    decent salary with great raises.

Cons

hours were sometime way to long.

"Training? What Training?"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Englewood, OH
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Englewood, OH

I worked at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) The pay was good. It was $8.25 per hour which is 40 cents above minimum wage in my state.

2) I met a few decent people while there and gained my first paid work experience ever.

3) One free meal per day…that’s if you have time to take your break which is seldom. Half off a meal on the days you don’t work.

Cons

1) There was no official training period. I came in my first day to watch maybe three or four short videos and by the next day I was working the line with the rest of my coworkers who had been there for a year already. Of course my coworkers had no time to explicitly explain the work they were doing so I just had to observe and pick it up as we went along. This resulted in a lot of contradictory information. This might have been somewhat tolerable if I didn’t receive a poor job review three weeks into my employment. My manager said I wasn’t progressing fast enough and I feel like my lack of training contributed to this greatly. How can I be expected to progress so quickly if I was never trained?

2) Lots of condescending attitudes. Managers, and certain coworkers, were in the habit of talking to you like you were 5 years old. Maybe that’s average in the work place but one kitchen manager was fired two weeks after I started for slapping a fellow coworker…that’s a little extreme. There just existed a general disrespect at this job and yet they wanted you to dedicate your life to this work.

3) Very many coworkers expressed to me that they had developed either Carpal tunnel syndrome or arthritis as a result of working there for too long. I too experience immense pain in my wrist after working there for a short time. It’s totally not worth risking your health in this way…

4) No one was on one accord. Like I said before there's so much contradictory information. So and so says do it this way and then the manager says do it that way. It’s crazy…you land in trouble virtually every day for doing your job the way you were taught by various misinformed individuals.

Advice to Management

Train your employees. There’s a reason why half the new hires have either quit or were fired in less than six months and it’s because they don’t know what they’re doing and yet somehow you want them doing it at incredible speeds. Also hold yourself to your employees standards: if you can take 5 million smoke breaks why can't I get my lunch break every now and then?