Chipotle - One of the most challenging and rewarding jobs I've ever had. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

"One of the most challenging and rewarding jobs I've ever had."

Current Employee - Service Manager
Current Employee - Service Manager

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people culture at Chipotle. We receive a ton of applications and we only hire the best of the best. After starting from the bottom and working my way up at Chipotle for a little over a year, I have a 401K, a week's paid vacation, and an employee stock purchase plan. Your hard work will be rewarded here. Chipotle is a growing company and there is a ton of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

It's the toughest job I've ever had. If you're not constantly working, be prepared to have a reality check. Prep and Grill at Chipotle are the toughest jobs. The workload is immense and at times it's excessive. The time expectations for Prep and Grill are super-human, and need to be revised to be more realistic.

Advice to Management

Listen to your crews and their concerns. Don't ever forget about the pepper. If you want to maintain 100% Chipotle high standards, then re-evaluate the time expectations or be prepared for your crews to cut corners.

Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle

1. "Good"

I worked at Chipotle part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay great team and fun customers

Cons

not a lot of hours

"Awful"

Former Employee - Crew Member
    Former Employee - Crew Member

I worked at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free employee meals for every shift that you work, lots of internal growth opportunities if you can stay with the company for long enough. Their ethical approach to food and ingredients is also very commendable.

Cons

Disrespect among coworkers - they basically tell you to put on a happy face for the customer but everyone actually treats each other terribly when the customers aren't looking, especially when the restaurant gets busy during peak hours and everything descends into absolute chaos. Ignorant management doesn't help either!! I didn't receive ANY training program when I was hired. On my first day, I watched a video about how to report sexual harassment and call a national hotline if you have any other legally-influenced problems in the work place, and after that I was literally put on the food line and told to just make menu items without any other explanation for ANYTHING. If I wasn't already a huge Chipotle consumer before this job, I would have probably died from the stress overload. Despite my lack of training for weeks, I was frequently chastised by the management for not knowing various procedures of operating the restaurant that my coworkers refused to teach me when I asked them for help. Mentioning this lack of training to my boss in a polite way only seemed to merit her commenting on my "poor attitude," and this was ultimately why I left the job. While the pay is slightly higher than most per-hour rates for a fast-food restaurant, the enormous expectations they place upon employees hardly makes up for this slightly above-average pay per hour. If you enjoy being disrespected, constantly stressed out, treated badly by many customers and the majority of your coworkers - then this is the perfect job for you! Otherwise, go elsewhere and fast.

Advice to Management

Better training programs for managers so that they can actually train employees properly and efficiently.