Chipotle - Horrible Place to work!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

"Horrible Place to work!!!"

Former Employee - Service Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Service Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Chipotle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can not think of pros for this company.

Cons

Their system does not make any sense at all. They steal hours from you by editing them without you knowing. By the way, the place looks clean but if you know all the things that happen in the kitchen, you will never eat there. Prep people are dicing onions and their mucus, and tears are falling down to the onions. I saw it and stop eating salsas.

Advice to Management

They need new managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle

"Coolest restaurant company ever?"

Current Employee - Restaurateur in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Restaurateur in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (More than a year)

Pros

$9/h is good. (especially for a full time student hardly getting by) Great decent people working here.

Cons

Not as flexible as I'd like. I am a full-time student, and my hours are extremely messy. It's hard juggling classes + a job + a life, all at the same time... but I've gotten pretty far already. It also gets pretty hectic during the busy hours.

Advice to Management

Upon arriving, the crew was already like a family and took some time to warm up to me. Word of advice: do whatever you can to become on friendly terms with a majority of them. Especially the manager, since you are new and they are wary of you.

2. "This is a great company, and I can totally see myself working here for a very long time."

Current Employee - Crew in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Crew in Newark, DE

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, the crew and managers all work hard and respect each other.
    Great food, my first day there i learned they don't even have a freezer, so all their food has to be fresh.
    Great work, there's always something to do, but it doesn't ever feel too hectic. It makes the day go by fast, and you pick up on it really fast.

Cons

I haven't personally seen anything wrong with the company, however there are some people who work there aren't as motivated as others and i can sense there is some resentment in the air. But that is just with a few employees, at my one store.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Keep communicating with your employees about the company and about the store's individual goals and visions.