Chipotle - As long as you love them, they love you. When you screw up, then your expendable. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

"As long as you love them, they love you. When you screw up, then your expendable."

Former Employee - General Manager in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - General Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Chipotle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, high standards, good money, free meals, good benefits, teaches you a lot about management and Speed of service

Cons

Long hours, very high expectations, constant pressure to move up (get promoted)

Upper management makes their money by promoting people through their "pipeline". Whether those people are ready for the promotion or not, isnt their concern. if you are,, then good for you, if you screw up, then they blame you for not knowing how to do you job.

Advice to Management

I was used as a scapegoat by my area manager, to avoid loosing his job, he blamed me but lied about it to me face. Granted, this is only ONE area manager, but the lesson is, be careful who you put your faith in.

Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle

"Over worked and underpaid"

Former Employee - Cashier in Peoria, AZ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Peoria, AZ

I worked at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free meal . that's about it.

Cons

Management expects your whole life to be chipotle.they say you get a paid break but never give you one.you never get out when scheduled to leave . always at least 2 hours after your shift is supposed to end. Ive been told to work off the clock several times. Everything is rush rush .even if theresno customers in store. Work harder, faster, etc.very clicky . They expect you to be bff w every one. They also want u to have a phony permanent smile glued to your face at all times.they put the workload of 3 people all on 1 person and are constantly micromanaging, p,pushing you to work faster, and have unrealistic expectations. They say it's a privelage to work there.lol.its not worth it for what little money they pay.

Advice to Management

You are not a 5 star restaurant. Noone goes to chipotle to interact with the workers.also why is everything rush rush? I get it if its busy, but if the store's empty not gonna frantically mop the floor as if my life depends on I t.also it is illegal to work off the clock. And don't promise paid breaks if you're never gonna give them . even an un paid break would've been nice considering you're there 10 hour's a day.and don't chastise employees for needing to use the restroom. Jeez. During the long shifts its only natural to have ro go at least once. Ive been told to hurry up and glared at for needimg to ise restroom one a day for 3inutes.unnacceptable!

2. "do not work for them"

Current Employee - Cashier in Decatur, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Decatur, GA

I have been working at Chipotle part-time

Pros

pay rate and free employee meals

Cons

manager who trained me was racist

Advice to Management

hire people who are not racist