Chipotle - Great Comapny | Glassdoor

"Great Comapny"

Former Employee - Cashier and Crew Member in New York, NY
Former Employee - Cashier and Crew Member in New York, NY

I worked at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Chipotle is a great company to work for, you learn everything and if you know how to do your job correctly there is no reason fp\or you not to get promoted

Cons

The customers are impatient at times and the lines are long but over all it can be fun

Advice to Management

The General Manager at the store I worked for didn't know how to do his job and there was a lot of favoritism. When the Apprentice becomes General Manager I can go back but I had to quite because of poor management however I know a coupe of other managers at other locations and they do their jobs well and they make it a great place to work

Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle

"Great opportunities for the right type of person"

Current Employee - Crew Member in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The ethics of the company are great. They care greatly about the sources of their ingredients, as well as the quality of food. Definitely the cleanest restaurant I have ever worked at ( I have also filled in at 3 additional locations aside from the Marlborough one, so I can vouch for them as well). The culture is very laid-back and liberal, which is a great fit for like-minded people, but may be awkward if you are not. As long as the company is growing, there are excellent opportunities for advancement from workers who are consistent, who "fit in" with the culture, and who express desire to make a career out of it.

Cons

The sales have been increasing rapidly for quite some time, so doing much of the preparation by hand using "traditional culinary methods" becomes tiresome and difficult if left to the same position every day. Front of house is much easier than back of house as far as workload goes, but it involves customer service, which some may not prefer. Also, the culture tends to favor "cool" people, who tend to get promoted if they are extroverted and likeable, regardless of qualifications. Although most of the managers are very easygoing and approachable, some may not perform their jobs very well, and may result in you having stressful shifts when they are in charge. There seems to be a high turnover rate amoingst less well-established restaurants with managers who end up going to college (after they graduate), and from other managers at said locations who are just incompetent that either quit or get fired. Also, there is a pay cut when promoted from Service Manager to Apprentice (it goes from hourly to salary, but the hours stay the same and the pay averages out to less - but even so, after a relatively short period as Apprentice, you are very likely to get promoted to Restaurant Manager, which is better in terms of pay, work, and benefits. After GM, the opportunities are excellent if promoted - including bonuses and opportunities with corporate (if you are interested in that).

Advice to Management

Upper management should consider sales volume and team size more when evaluating the individual restaurants, and seek management based on business management capabilities rather than just their personality types. This would help the newer restaurants with regards to stability, and motivate a stable team of workers who are more likely to remain loyal and motivated to this company, which has great ethics and a promising future.

2. "Experience was great, great management, great environment."

Current Employee - Crew Member in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free meal during work, and discounts when you're not working.

Cons

I don't see any cons.