Chipotle - FAST | Glassdoor

"FAST"

Current Employee - Crew Member - Grill in New York, NY
Current Employee - Crew Member - Grill in New York, NY

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Food , Coworkers were great

Cons

Too Fast because of the quantity of customers

Advice to Management

Management was cool

Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle

1. "Stressful and time consuming."

Former Employee - Cashier and Prep Cook in North Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier and Prep Cook in North Miami, FL

I worked at Chipotle part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have great co-workers whom you will bond with easily, great experience (rolling burritos, making "quesarittos", trying new things, learning how to work in a kitchen, the ability to have a say in who gets hired (democratic hiring/firing procedure), great benefits and chance to advance with the company.

Cons

Management. The kitchen managers were not very good at what they did (forgot to list items in the stock order such as utensils and napkins), a lot of hard work that is mostly busy work, working off the clock (unbelievable right?! we would get clocked out at 12:30 am and still would not be finished closing the store because of tedious tasks, very inflexible schedule), not having a service manager or GM. Our apprentice always told us that all crew members would be spoken to before a team member was fired so we could share our views on their work ethic to minimize individual revenge to get someone fired and so everyone could make a unanimous decision. Our apprentice would fire people and lie to the entire crew about having imaginary conversations with us about said person who was fired. Basically, he was firing people with invalid reasons and not asking the crew's opinion.

Advice to Management

The micromanagement could've been much better. The kitchen staff could have done better on restocking and keeping enough people on the line to efficiently move the line. We did not have a service manager or a general manager, only kitchen managers and an apprentice. Chipotle corporation should have every step of the management ladder filled in order to run a "restauranteur" worthy store. Always keep the store clean and dont stress employees out by making us stay to the point of free labor and having to do unnecessary deep cleaning to impress district managers.

2. "some of the best food out there."

Former Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chipotle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great opportunities for growth, great work atmosphere, great food

Cons

it takes too long to move up past a restaurant manager position, and your career depends on how other people perform