Chipotle - Chipotle is NOT a great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

"Chipotle is NOT a great place to work"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Chino Hills, CA
Former Employee - Crew Member in Chino Hills, CA

I worked at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Meals when working.
50% off when you're not working
Some of the co-workers become friends

Cons

young people running the company
too many little hierarchies within lower management
the friend's of the managers will get the promotions
sometimes when there is an open manager spot, the GM will pull from a different store instead of within

Advice to Management

Grow up and learn how to manage a store. A boss and a leader are two different things. Quit being so lazy and riding off the crew to do everything.

Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle

1. "Fast Paced. Fun Oriented. Hard Work. Horrible Scheduling."

Former Employee - Crew Member in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Food!! You are encouraged to taste everything on that line and make sure that it is fit for the customer! Most managers are leaders among the group and that is always a plus. Almost every person you work with there is super nice and willing to help someone that is new or learning how to be the best at whatever job they are performing.

Cons

Some managers decide that since they run the show and make the rules, they are above you and while being "positive" and "motivating" they have a bad attitude due to the high stress of running a restaurant that is busy from open to close. It's truly a shame that such a nice company that promotes high morale can have people manage their stores that treat their crew members with disrespect. Low pay is another problem. The amount of work the crew does, especially openers and closers, isn't anywhere close to the pay you receive. I opened almost every shift I worked and I would do multiple cases of guac, which is extremely time consuming, and would get lectured that I need to move faster on opening prep and I was only making minimum wage. Scheduling is completely awful and that's really the only way to put it.

Advice to Management

Almost every manager who works at Chipotle has my respect because that job is obviously exhausting to do so kudos to you and keep up the hard work. To the managers who take their stress out on hard working crew members, learn to deal with it better or change your career field.

2. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Service Manager in San Francisco, NM
    Current Employee - Service Manager in San Francisco, NM

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership skills
    Quick movement up the company

Cons

Hard work
    Not much down time

Advice to Management

Sometimes people are promoted too quickly without proper training

Chipotle Response

Jul 10, 2014 – Recruitment Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We will be sure to pass along your comments so we can improve in the future. Keep up the good work! -Jen