Choice Hotels - Not enough focus on hotel needs rather corporate desire. HR and management need training. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Choice Hotels

"Not enough focus on hotel needs rather corporate desire. HR and management need training."

Former Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Choice Hotels full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Generally, a positive working environment at the corporate level. Good salary and bonus programs. Focused on profit. Sales force works extremely hard to generate business for franchise properties.

Cons

Lacking in a level of professionalism. Significant turnover should be a signal to management to look more closely at policy, procedures, and general employee "health". HR directors need clear and more concise training on employee engagement, retention, and satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Management tends to over promise and under deliver. Seek more thorough understanding from employees who have left the company. Compassion for those working through problems with less emphasis on what you don't know vs. learning what you should know. Leaving Choice was a difficult and frustrating experience with no follow up whatsoever. A loss for Choice.

Other Employee Reviews for Choice Hotels

1. "My experience working for Choice Hotels was mostly positive."

Former Employee - Customer Services Professional I in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Services Professional I in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

I worked at Choice Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

International company. LGBT friendly. Great benefits.

Cons

No longer have a corporate presence in my area. Outsourced my position to another country, so I no longer have a job locally.

Advice to Management

Update the systems.

"Dysfunctional company; highly political and unskilled senior management"

Former Employee - Manager in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Manager in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Choice Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a paycheck; You are better off lying low and doing nothing to survive.

Cons

Company profit totally focused on selling franchises; franchisees pay fees and receive little benefit. Marketing and Product management is a nonstrategic joke. Most talented associates have quit. One of htose companies that talk about their "values" while everyone from the top down tries to out maneuver one another

Advice to Management

Stop the hypocrisy.