Choice Hotels - Review is for J&Co - Major network of motels in Seaside Heights, NJ | Glassdoor
  1. "Review is for J&Co - Major network of motels in Seaside Heights, NJ"

Front Desk Manager in Seaside Heights, NJ

I worked at Choice Hotels for more than 3 years

Pros

Good for building customer service skills, year round employment. Maybe good for students in wintertime, flexible schedule, extended unpaid leave in off season available. Discounted employee room rate at affiliated hotel chains.

Cons

12 hour shifts, no overtime pay, no night shift pay, no raises, no benefits, no holiday/ summer season bonuses, no paid leave.

Advice to Management

When you purchase all the properties you are planing on purchasing, and accomplish all the rest of your plans, you should start providing some kind of benefits at least.

Choice Hotels2016-03-04

"Amazing Opportunities Ahead!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Choice Hotels full-time

Pros

Evolving company with countless opportunities to innovate, with an IT leader preaching for innovative changes. I really enjoy my days working with lots of different personalities. Keep it up!!

Cons

IT leadership has been getting bad press for wanting to innovate and evolve the company. There are pockets of individuals resisting, instead of embracing change or offering better alternatives.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within and hiring bright talented individuals.

Choice Hotels2019-03-15

Choice Hotels Response

May 8, 2019

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate your feedback on our innovative environment at our Phoenix technology center as Being Bold is a core value at Choice. We will continue to promote from within – and if you know any bright individuals, friendly reminder to take advantage ...

"not a great place to work"

Former Employee - Guest Service Representative

I worked at Choice Hotels full-time

Pros

money was good, change happened frequently

Cons

change happened frequently, managers never compliment but are quick to write up

Choice Hotels2019-08-27

Discover more reviews about Choice Hotels.