Christiana Care - 28 years and counting | Glassdoor

"28 years and counting"

Current Employee - Clerical in Newark, DE
Current Employee - Clerical in Newark, DE

I have been working at Christiana Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Great 403B plan, room for advancement, decent wages, teamwork, local community active, very good hospital system offering many services to DE and the TriState area.

Cons

No Flex hours. The "7" minute rule on signing in to start work doesn't apply to benefit the employee. The employee can sign in 7 minutes prior to the start of work; however, if the employee is 1 minute late, it activates an accurance to go on employee record. Streamlining staff to stay within "The Budget". Work-Life Balance is not as healthy as advertised. Work outweighs personal life.

Advice to Management

Hire more staff to meet the needs of the department. Stop the rumor mills and employee bullying between staff.

Other Employee Reviews for Christiana Care

"I regret wasting time and effort without praise, appreciation and honesty."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Christiana Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits and compensation are above average. That's the lure to work here.

Cons

Some of my coworkers in and out of management are not very competent. Upper management practices hypocrisy on a daily basis. Don't be a scapegoat. You will be happier elsewhere.

Advice to Management

I never trust anyone in upper management. Pay attention to every promise made, they are good with saying one thing and doing another. Document everything! You will eventually be blamed for something and you will need to have proof it was not your fault. Management is very deceptive and has terminated based on hearsay or false accusations. I have seen many good employees leave over the course of my 20 plus years. It doesn't matter how many building we put up if we can't keep honest loyal employees that really do their jobs and care!

"Ok place to work. Thinks it's a big league provider, but really it's just big Delaware"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in New Castle, DE
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in New Castle, DE

I have been working at Christiana Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Doing well financially. Has a great stranglehold on care in Delaware and moving aggressively against competitors and into other nearby states.

Cons

Bloated heirarchy in management with no real leadership. Turnover is nonexistent where it should be, and high where it shouldn't

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves for being lazy, or spend a year in rotation doing management at a real healthcare firm where you can learn what "change" really is.