Chubb - After Finnegan took over, Dismal. The climate changed far worse then expected. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chubb

"After Finnegan took over, Dismal. The climate changed far worse then expected."

Former Employee - Senior Programming Analyst and Project Manager in Warren, NJ
Former Employee - Senior Programming Analyst and Project Manager in Warren, NJ

Pros

All pros are prior to Mr. Finnegan taking over. My department encouraged new ideas and your personal and career growth. I had flexibility to manage my projects and our expertise was valued as input in the departments goals. Our department worked well together and supported each other in our areas of expertise. This allowed you to be exposed to all aspects of our departments work and allowed you to grow in different skills that would broaden your skill set. I was proud to be working for Chubb and the department I was in. Our personal time was well respected which made the few times you needed to work on your time understandable. I and I think I can speak for our department did not mind and in fact was encouraged to give that extra when needed because of that respect.

Cons

After the CEO changed to Mr. Finnegan the climate changed for the worse. your expertise in your field did not matter and was not respected. Often training was given in an unfair manor. All our reviews changed to the negative for the very same high performance. The writing was on the wall that they were justifying our departments downsizing. In the meantime the belittled and abused the employees. Personal time, pre scheduled time off was no longer respected while you keep your commitments. It turned from the best example a company can be to the worst a company can be. The only advantage to Chubb is if you are a minority.

Advice to Management

If there is any of the old good management left, I suggest you do as some other high profile companies have done to save their company. Buy out the upper management and directors that support this movement. Just as Chubb Institute was destroyed in the name of making it more efficient Chubb Insurance is following the same fate. Wake up and save the company before it is too late.

Other Employee Reviews for Chubb

"its very political"

Current Employee - Ano in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Ano in Chicago, IL

Pros

*Laid Back - Mostly people are not aggressive and its' not cut-throat environment
    *Benefits - PTO, profit sharing, medical, pension, and etcs

Cons

*Very Political - You have to be on your toes all the time if what you say and who you are talking to
    *Promotion is about who you know vs. what you know

Advice to Management

*IT infrastructure is terrible.. They outsource everything using computers that are old.. They finally updated some but in terms of IT and technology I think they act like they are ahead of the curve but still using windows XP, Internet explorer, and etc..

2. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Analyst in Whitehouse, NJ
    Current Employee - Analyst in Whitehouse, NJ

Pros

Flexibility, profit sharing, vacation and hours

Cons

Commute, extra hours, food service.

Advice to Management

Listen to non-management employees more