Chubb - Backstabbing Cretins - you have been warned!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chubb

"Backstabbing Cretins - you have been warned!!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Warren, NJ
Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Warren, NJ

I worked at Chubb full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health Benefits are good, salary competitive and I honestly can't remember what else was good about this company, I am sure there are more, I guess the cons have overridden the pros.

Cons

I worked in Claims IT and was assured by others who came into Claims IT from other departments and who eventually left the group, that the rest of the company is not like this. When I left I had to pull all of the knives out of my back. I advise anyone to stay away from this group. Chubb as a whole I hear is a good company to work for, but I wasn't sorry when they layed me off, the grass is greener on the other side, trust me.

Advice to Management

Try to foster an atmosphere where in order to get ahead that you don't have to stab your co-worker in the back.

Other Employee Reviews for Chubb

"Over the top micromanagement...leadership is totally incompetant. Unreal politics."

Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Simsbury, CT
    Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Simsbury, CT

I have been working at Chubb full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Cafeteria and Good gym. Most co workers are pleasant and helpful. Free Parking. Office supplies are readily available for use.

Cons

Over whelming micromanagement based on short sighted, "clueless to the actual job Best Practices"
    Supervisors are "robots" for managements unrealistic whims.
    Management/Supervisors will throw you under the bus in the blink of an eye.
    Work load is mind boggling- you would have to work 7 days a week 12-16 hours a day to keep up.
    When you can't keep up by putting in hours beyond a normal 8 hour day, you get hammered on your review and NO BONUS.
    VP of Simsbury, CT Specialty claims division is an ego driven, pathelogical liar.
    Morale is in the gutter. Atmosphere of strong mistrust of management.
    No management leadership and zero confidence in management from employees.
    Extraordinary amount of turn over and employee burn out.
    Highly charged political atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Fire Specialty Claims VP of the Northeast Zone- Simsbury, CT. sweeping terminations of management and supervisory personnel in Simsbury, CT location.
    Install employees in to management positions who know the job and can lead.
    Stop worrying so much about your stock price and worry more about staffing being sufficient to perform the job correctly.

2. "Department had too much turnover"

Former Employee - Underwriter Associate in Whitehouse, NJ
    Former Employee - Underwriter Associate in Whitehouse, NJ

I worked at Chubb full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stable company, very diverse, used to have more of a family environment

Cons

Hard to keep a fully staffed team. People would only stay a few months to a year before leaving (most of them ljust up and quit). Agents and remaining staff were very frustrated and this pattern continued for at least 3 years.

Advice to Management

Provide some incentive to stay and weather the storm. Do things to boost morale and people will have a sense of loyalty to stay.