Ciber - Lack of direction and leadership and Tampa jobs sent to Detroit | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ciber

"Lack of direction and leadership and Tampa jobs sent to Detroit"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ciber full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a salary and my co workers were good people although it is sad to see them treated so poorly.

Cons

Upper management provides no direction and there is an extreme lack of communication. CiBER consultants are basically supplemental staff on projects for client companies and are treated poorly by both the client (excessive overtime including weekends and holidays) and by CiBER management. Soon after CiBER opened the Detroit GSC in October 2010, the layoffs began at the Tampa GSC and continue today. Number of CiBER consultants in Tampa from April 2010 until today I would guess is down over 50%. Projects initially targeted for Tampa were moved to Detroit. As consultants are layed off, CiBER management refuses to meet face to face with the consultants, calling them on the phone after hours to notify them that their services are no longer needed. These managers work in the same building as the consultants so there is no excuse for that.

Advice to Management

Be more open and honest with your consultants and stop treating them like a herd of cattle to be farmed out to your clients. Stop sending Tampa jobs to Detroit or make the announcement we all expect is coming that the Tampa GSC is closing.

Other Employee Reviews for Ciber

1. "great company to work for and diversity jobs, great company to work for and diversity jobs"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Ciber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

jobs opportunities and advancements, great company to work for and diversity jobs

Cons

i have no comments here

"Dissatisfied. No care for employees, policies set to screw us"

Current Employee - Tech Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Tech Lead in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ciber full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing comes to my mind

Cons

Salary
    Management
    Benefits
    Not assigning right people to right work

Advice to Management

Please give bike to a person who knows to ride bike so good, but not car.
    Don't give person a Benz and tell him drive it at a rate of a bicycle. Similarly, please don't expect a bicyclist to chase a Porsche.