Ciber - Shifty and untrustworthy | Glassdoor

"Shifty and untrustworthy"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Ciber as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are no pros to mention.

Cons

Shifty -- I could never get a straight answer from my Ciber reps or managers. Ciber headquarters constantly flooded my work In Box with irrelevant press releases, newsletters and streams of strange or even threatening messages that had nothing to do with me. But the worst was the 30% cut they siphoned off my pay BEYOND their fee. They were released as a preferred vendor for my client company and I was freed to move to another agency in the same job. What a difference! Less administration, no random crap, holiday pay, annual bonuses, and a LOT more money coming to me though my rate did not change. Ciber is not to be trusted.

Other Employee Reviews for Ciber

"front end developer"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Ciber full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

if you don't have a job or just graduate and trouble find job with big company, and just for experience.

Cons

not good for long term invest, salary and benefit were low.

"Lack of direction and leadership and Tampa jobs sent to Detroit"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ciber full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a salary and my co workers were good people although it is sad to see them treated so poorly.

Cons

Upper management provides no direction and there is an extreme lack of communication. CiBER consultants are basically supplemental staff on projects for client companies and are treated poorly by both the client (excessive overtime including weekends and holidays) and by CiBER management. Soon after CiBER opened the Detroit GSC in October 2010, the layoffs began at the Tampa GSC and continue today. Number of CiBER consultants in Tampa from April 2010 until today I would guess is down over 50%. Projects initially targeted for Tampa were moved to Detroit. As consultants are layed off, CiBER management refuses to meet face to face with the consultants, calling them on the phone after hours to notify them that their services are no longer needed. These managers work in the same building as the consultants so there is no excuse for that.

Advice to Management

Be more open and honest with your consultants and stop treating them like a herd of cattle to be farmed out to your clients. Stop sending Tampa jobs to Detroit or make the announcement we all expect is coming that the Tampa GSC is closing.