Ciber - Decent job so I can't really complain about anything... yet. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ciber

"Decent job so I can't really complain about anything... yet."

Current Employee - Consultant
Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Ciber full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've heard horror stories about this company both from coworkers and from online reviews. After working for the company as a consultant for about 1.5 years I can say that I am pretty happy with Ciber so far. Have not had any problems so far. Pay is good, hours are good, and as long as I do a great job for my client then I don't ever get bothered by anyone from Ciber. As long as I submit my timecard on time I get paid. Simple.

Cons

As a contractor I know that I can be cut at anytime. So there is absolutely no job security. As a consultant I know that my pay is capped.

Advice to Management

No advice

Other Employee Reviews for Ciber

"Tough Situation"

Former Employee - Program Manager
    Former Employee - Program Manager

I worked at Ciber part-time

Pros

Pays is better than average. Good people to work with. The relationship with clients appear to be good.

Cons

The hiring of former EDS managers has made CIBER a highly political environment within certain practice groups. Like many SAP places it is "hire then fire" regarding projects, and that will catch up to them.

Advice to Management

The information being upstreamed to you is highly processed, highly worked over by your lieutenants, and very political. Many of these people between the executive level and the manager level are weak people that scared to be upfront with you. Get out more and find out what is going on. Bring some into the office to meet you. You are getting weak information.

"It's all about the bottom line with Ciber and not about their employees."

Former Employee - Principal Consultant
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant

I worked at Ciber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The on-boarding process was a very smooth process and provided you all of the tools, access and information needed to get started.

Cons

Work life balance, work through lunch, dinner meetings, almost no time for your family even when at home due to conference calls, weekend work etc.

Advice to Management

Have concern for your people as well as your bottom line. The more that you take care of them, they will take care of you. Remember they your consultants work hard but, also have families and friends they would like to enjoy too.