Ciber - Decent job so I can't really complain about anything... yet. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ciber

"Decent job so I can't really complain about anything... yet."

Current Employee - Consultant
Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Ciber full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've heard horror stories about this company both from coworkers and from online reviews. After working for the company as a consultant for about 1.5 years I can say that I am pretty happy with Ciber so far. Have not had any problems so far. Pay is good, hours are good, and as long as I do a great job for my client then I don't ever get bothered by anyone from Ciber. As long as I submit my timecard on time I get paid. Simple.

Cons

As a contractor I know that I can be cut at anytime. So there is absolutely no job security. As a consultant I know that my pay is capped.

Advice to Management

No advice

Other Employee Reviews for Ciber

"Sadly, they are not organized, and their business model does not work for the type of work they are trying to do."

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Ciber full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people! In an environment that serves Microsoft and T-Mobile, where much of the work force is contingent staff, some amazing, smart, versatile people have worked at these companies through Ciber.

Cons

Ciber does not seem to know how to keep business coming in any longer, and so discards many of the brilliant people who do consulting work at MIcrosoft for them.

Advice to Management

Look at the whole chess board, and recognize that your current business model of silos for all the practices does not work for you. Go back to the branch model, and you will find much success and will improve the overall work force in our area.

"Tough Situation"

Former Employee - Program Manager
    Former Employee - Program Manager

I worked at Ciber part-time

Pros

Pays is better than average. Good people to work with. The relationship with clients appear to be good.

Cons

The hiring of former EDS managers has made CIBER a highly political environment within certain practice groups. Like many SAP places it is "hire then fire" regarding projects, and that will catch up to them.

Advice to Management

The information being upstreamed to you is highly processed, highly worked over by your lieutenants, and very political. Many of these people between the executive level and the manager level are weak people that scared to be upfront with you. Get out more and find out what is going on. Bring some into the office to meet you. You are getting weak information.