Ciber - Second time around | Glassdoor

"Second time around"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

I have found them willing to accommodate when special situations arise. They communicate with their consultants, offer them benefits, give them feedback, provide them with opportunities for growth and skill-enhancement, and generally treat them quite well.

Cons

This is my second assignment with them. I have no problem with the way in which they are handling me. My biggest complaint is that the client in each situation was a large corporation that offered little technical stimulation and challenge. In the first assignment, the client had a corporate culture that was right out of the 1940s, and it seemed to me that they had no idea what someone with my skill set did. In my present assignment, I am bogged down by the corporate and governmental bureaucracy that burdens this industry, and I am constantly amazed at the abysmal writing skills of their managers and the horrible way in which projects are managed. Heads would roll if this client were a smaller organization without deep pockets.

Advice to Management

CIBER needs to add smaller, more innovative, and more exciting businesses to its client base.

Other Employee Reviews for Ciber

"Ciber BA"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Bloomington, IL

Pros

paid well, decent benefits and vacation

Cons

no opportunity for advancement, very tight non compete agreement

Advice to Management

work on helping your employees suceed, especially when the client is laying them off -

"Top quality consulting company, but very much a "body shop""

Former Employee - Consultant in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Consultant in Englewood, CO

Pros

Professional people. Great projects. Good Benefits. CIBER is a not really a "project based" consulting company, but more like "I need someone good and potentially a few more people if it works out" type company. Very professional and well organized work environment. Full time salary and benefits.

Cons

They pay by salary (not by the hour) so they get much more of a "cut" than hourly consulting. Yet if there isn't coverage even for one day (in between projects) they will dock you for overhead and just cut you loose. This kind of lower salary usually comes with "bench time", but CIBER treats salaried people like hourly "easy to cut" people who usually can get way more per hour.

Advice to Management

Don't tell consultants they are "full time, part of the family" at CIBER then just drop them when a client project ends. Stop misrepresenting hourly consulting as permanent work just to get more of the hourly rate. Talent will avoid you like the plague.