Cibo - Boutique agency still trying to grow up | Glassdoor

"Boutique agency still trying to grow up"

Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Cibo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great office location near Walton Square park in FiDi and cool post-industrial office vibe Smart and talented Creative team who are fun to work with when working together on a project

Cons

Massive employee turnover at all levels, it's been a constant revolving door with people coming and going Terrible at client relationshps and retention, many clients have come and gone Poor business development, long stretches between bigger client projects; clients seem to chose Cibo on price, not great work Typical small agency chaotic and disorganized project delivery processes Questionable executive... management team creating a poor company culture relying on employee intimidation at times (who obviouslly wrote some of these glowing company reviews) CEO has a well known reputation as egotistical and controlling

Advice to Management

You can't become a great agency if you can't get great clients and deliver great work. Mange your clients and their expectations, they certainly don't match what you sold them. Treat your employees with genuine respect and check your egos at the door, they may decide to hang around longer if you do. Decide what kind of agency you want to be.

Cibo2014-12-08

Other Employee Reviews

"A Whole New World"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cibo full-time

Pros

Cibo has been and continues to be one of the best places I've worked after 15 years in the design industry. The team is smart, upbeat, flexible, respectful and like a family. Having worked at a number of shops that favor burnout and cliques - Cibo is a breath of fresh air in the world of advertising. Project managers and the new business team are doing a spectacular job with staffing/scheduling reasonably to... maintain a solid work/life balance. They allow anyone to take the initiative and influence/shift how things are done. Projects are a nice mix of conceptual/routine and everyone is onboard with modern digital design tools + UI/UX/dev knowledge. Older negative reviews don't align with the Cibo I've experienced thus far. I have been incredibly happy since joining the team and looking forward to doing more great work together!

Cons

The staff is mostly comprised of senior talent, which doesn't make Cibo a great place to start your career. Everyone comes to the team with their A-game and it's confident sociable personalities who can think and do that thrive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Cibo2018-03-08

"Less than happy with this company"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Cibo

Pros

Can't give any pros as of now.

Cons

I work for a tech company who uses agencies to contract several employees. I was switched over to CIBO about 4 months ago and it has been nothing but a constant headache dealing with them. They had no idea what basic employment laws are and when I asked certain questions regarding basic benefits, they would give me incorrect information. Would highly discourage anyone from using them.

Cibo2017-05-25

Discover more reviews about Cibo.