Cover image for Ciena

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Outstanding Culture and Diversity

Oct 25, 2022 - Solutions Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The ethical culture imparted through the leadership team is refreshing. The long term vision of winning through fair practices versus at all cost is refreshing. The embrace of diversity is welcome and is one of the things that makes Ciena a great company for the employees.

Cons

For a mid-size enterprise it's a bit of a challenge to figure out who's who and who owns what. This is mitigated to an extent by team members assistance in navigating a complex organizational structure.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

All-Around Great Company

Jan 27, 2023 - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work/life balance - Collaborative work environment - Great place to start as a software engineer out of college

Cons

- Pay is not as competitive as other software companies but the work/life balance really makes up for it

Ciena Response

Thank you for sharing your experience at Ciena! We are extremely proud of our flexible working and overall working environment. We are continuously working on ensuring individuals like you have a great work-life balance, so your feedback is greatly appreciated and taken to our leadership team. If you want to continue this conversation and help us find even more ways to do better, please send an email to cienafeedback@ciena.com.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Ciena Blue Planet is a great place to work

Jan 24, 2023 - Engineering
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management is transparent on goals and objectives Wealth of interesting things in the OSS/Network space to work on Decent compensation

Cons

Going through some growing pains that comes with a software division of a hardware company

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Ciena.

Ciena Photos

+ Add Photo
Ciena photo of: Testimonials from our students!
Ciena photo of: We celebrated International Women's Day
Ciena photo of: Congrats to our optical team, who took home an award last week at #MEF19 for our next-gen WaveLogic 5 coherent optical technology that's capable of pushing 800G of capacity over a single wavelength.
Ciena photo of: Ciena Proud!
Ciena photo of: Voluntary Blood Donors from Gurgaon, India Team on Nov 19, 2019 #110unitsofblood

Ciena Job Seekers Also Viewed