Cigital - The best place out there for application security. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cigital

"The best place out there for application security."

Current Employee - Security Consultant in Sterling, VA
Current Employee - Security Consultant in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Cigital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cigital offers incredible flexibility, brilliant technical leaders, and fantastic opportunities for career growth and development. Cigital has incredibly fun, challenging projects and genuinely passionate staff. There is no limit to the amount of experience and expertise in the Application Security segment of the market. Entrepreneurial and Technical career growth tracks exist, so there is no "one size fits all" here. The environment is very pleasant, and the individuals who lead and manage projects clearly care about their staff.

Cons

Cigital can often be an intimidating place for "less-technical" people. Achievements and objectives can be restrictive. Quantifying unique accomplishments is challenging and can limit growth. Cigital could easily become a 5-star company by compensating more fairly. Different employees in the same position can have huge disparities in salary.

Advice to Management

Please provide more constructive criticism to help develop our staff. Hearing compliments is great, but not at the expense of professional growth and improvement opportunities.

Other Employee Reviews for Cigital

"Solid company to work at. So far so good!"

Current Employee - Security Consultant in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Security Consultant in Dulles, VA

I have been working at Cigital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning a lot in the world of consulting services. Travel percentage is about 30%, not as much as I feared. Spending a lot of time at clients, either locally or elsewhere in U.S. Learning a lot, working a lot. Great experience. Good new friends here as well.

Cons

A little more comp time might be nice, but all in all, no real complaints.

Advice to Management

Ring dings in the vending machine please. :-)

"So sad that such smart people feel stuck by a non-compete"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Cigital (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with smart people, overall kind and friendly

Cons

Moral is very very low--I have never worked for a company where it has been so low. Management treats non-management like slaves. Human Resources does not back you up when you tell them(her). HR is more interested in making thelmselves look good. Sad place to work- constant threats of suing if you go to a competitor-makes you feel like you are a prisoner. Does not create a positive working environment.
    Work/Life balance is not existent- Management expects you to pretty much give up your life for the company.
    So many of us are looking to leave. The sooner, the better.
    FYI--I AM interviewing with competitors--they think the non-compete will not hold up in ANY state-ANY. You can't stop someomne from making a living in their area of expertise.
    RE: the holiday party-noone likes it. Give us the cost of the hotel and plane to us in cash-partially makes up for the miserable bonuses you pay out.

Advice to Management

Manage more and threaten less.