Cigna - Run while you can | Glassdoor

"Run while you can"

Current Employee - Claims Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Claims Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Cigna full-time

Pros

There is a very good work life balance with the ability to select your work schedule. It is a casual environment with relaxed dress code. There is an emphasis on healthy living with monthly newsletters and tips.

Cons

Typical insurance company. I thought for my first six months of employment at Cigna that I truly found a career which was focused on helping people in times of need to find out that my ethics, morals, and values are not in align with the company. Even when more strict regulations are put in place, management looks for a way to "get around" the regulations. Focus is on how to close claims and not pay to increase the bottom line.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to stop telling your employees that they have to get use to change, and take a look in the mirror. New regulations are put in place to assist businesses in operating more ethically. Embrace them.

Other Employee Reviews for Cigna

"Good Development Opportunities"

Former Employee - Actuarial Senior Analyst in Bloomfield, CT
    Former Employee - Actuarial Senior Analyst in Bloomfield, CT

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Development programs put great emphasis on growing leaders within the company. This was the best company I've worked at in terms of investing in its staff's development
    Regular communication from senior management lets employees at all levels have a sense of the company's overall strategy.
    Company messaging is positive and tries to emphasize the company's role in improving health and well-being.

Cons

The company is very large and very spread out. They do a good job at making people feel part of smaller groups within the company, but obviously it's still difficult with 30,000+ employees
    Cigna tends to change course a lot.

"Customer Service Internet Specialist"

Former Employee - Customer Service Internet Specialist in Bourbonnais, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Internet Specialist in Bourbonnais, IL

I worked at Cigna full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned new software and other office techniques.

Cons

Hostile environment...management listens to gossip and does not rate performance on skills.

Advice to Management

Look to see how well an employee does the job instead of basing it on popularity contest.