Cigna - An enjoyable and satisfying position changed to frustration with frequent workflow changes. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

"An enjoyable and satisfying position changed to frustration with frequent workflow changes."

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Pitts, PA
Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Pitts, PA

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked as a case manager. In my 'early' years there, I absolutely loved what I did.. outreaching to customers with medical issues who required assistance is obtaining needed health care services. Although all communication was telephonic, I was able to establish excellent rapport with the customers.
I eagerly accepted the option to work at home. and it was a large savings in transportation costs, and travel concerns during bad weather. My morning commute consisted of carrying my morning cup of coffee from my kitchen upstairs to my office. Cigna provided a generous 'stipend' so I could set up my home office.

Cons

Way too many workflow changes proved to make case management very difficult. After the first few years, documentation seemed to take priority over communication with customers, making workloads much more cumbersome and unrealistic at times.
I found that working from home proved to be a double edge sword. Although supervisory staff always stated they had no expectations other than an 8 hour work day for work at home staff, in order to maintain a feeling of 'keeping current' in documentation, the traditional 8 hour work day no longer existed for me (much to my family's dismay)

As an employee of a health care company, you would assume to get excellent coverage with reasonable premiums. My family's out of pocket expenses/ deductibles were extraordinarily high with very high premiums.

Advice to Management

Don't make so many changes in the workflow process.

Other Employee Reviews for Cigna

"Case Manager"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Professional
    * Some positions work from home
    * Promote from within

Cons

* High health care premiums and deductibles

Advice to Management

* Keep on Keeping on

2. "International Insurance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My manager is very flexible

Cons

No room for growth or to make more money

Advice to Management

When interviewing to attract new employees, flexibility was promised until you got in the door for most.