Cigna - Great Experience | Glassdoor

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - Health Data Specialist
Current Employee - Health Data Specialist

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can rise from entry level in this company if you're willing to fight for it. Even if you only have a liberal arts degree and knew nothing about insurance when you started.
The insurance offered is good. Cheaper than most other employer plans and much cheaper than Obamacare.
Great 401k with the 3% match and you can borrow from it once you're vested in 3 years.
Insane amount of time off from the start, 18 paid days of vacation
Really good senior leadership, especially the CEO, David Cordani, he and his team have done a lot to modernize this company from where it was at when I started in 2008.

Cons

Compensation is not great for those who do start at the bottom and rise through the company, you'll find you will be consistently underpaid compared to your peers at the same level who enter the company from the outside.
Some people who use the insurance more than I do complain that it doesn't pay enough and the high deductible creates a lot of stress for them early in the year.

Advice to Management

Make more of an effort to compensate those who rise through the company at the same level as those who enter from the outside.

Other Employee Reviews for Cigna

1. "Fantastic company"

Pros

Just great. Very well run company, and can only say positive things. I had a wonderful experience.

Cons

Nothing at all. I can't think of a bad thing to say. Everyone was extraordinarily nice and supportive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Rewarding and beneficial to my work experience"

Current Employee - Benefits in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Benefits in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A company that gives opportunity to growth. I have enjoyed the benefits of working for this company.

Cons

Company decisions and changes are not always a benefit to the employee which leads to dissatisfaction.

Advice to Management

Work more one on one with the employees to better understand everything they do on a day to day basis.