Cigna - Great company and people, however outsources a lot of their tech work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

"Great company and people, however outsources a lot of their tech work"

Current Employee - Network Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Network Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company and people associated with it.

Cons

Low pay and their willingness to use outside contractors and temps make it hard to join the company at a good pay.

Advice to Management

Bring people in full time and invest in them to be the future of the company rather than treating them as temporary fixtures, this is what caused me to seek employment elsewhere eventually.

Other Employee Reviews for Cigna

1. "Supportive. Large organization - difficult to navigate."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Caring environment - people are willing to go the extra distance for clients

Cons

technology is behind the times, lots of paper/forms to fill out to get data - not always efficient processes

Advice to Management

keep sharing global updates and value prop

"The worst job I have ever had"

Current Employee - Short Term Disability Claim Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Short Term Disability Claim Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Cigna (More than a year)

Pros

Good insurance benefits, alot of training opportunites, pretty nice facilities (massuese on staff, nurse/doctors office onsite for no cost appointments during work hours, gym, hot food available for sale in cafeteria), some really great people do work there and made some good friends.

Cons

I can't speak for the company as a whole, but I can certainly speak for the STD department at the Plano office. They had the most unrealistic work load I have ever encountered, very political bordering on high school clicks, very outdated systems and terrible IT support (CSC), managers who have no idea what you actually do and only reward suck ups who constantly brag about what they do, company values that are not put into practice, low pay, way too many unnecessary meetings, lots of childish "fun" activities that interfere with your ridiculous work load, and probably several others that I have tried hard to bury deep into my subconscious since I quit with no job lined up and little savings almost 6 months ago. I worked there two years before I just couldn’t take it anymore. On average I worked 10 to 15 hours a week of unpaid overtime and my boss refused to acknowledge it. I would think most places would at least say thanks to someone who worked that hard. Again, I can’t speak for the company as a whole, but if you are considering a STD claim manager position, TURN AND RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

Advice to Management

Invest some money into your IT systems, pay people a wage that is reflective of the hell you put them through, figure out how to actually measure the work people are doing because your metrics do not create an environment in which the customers are treated how they should be treated they are treated like something flying by on an assembly line, spend more time having upper level managers look into the actual work being done and they may learn something other than what the what the few people that surround them have chosen to tell them.