Cigna - Ok place to work | Glassdoor

"Ok place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Claims Processing in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Senior Claims Processing in Nashville, TN

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Got great training, everyone knew their stuff, equipment worked, management at the time was ok, then got to dying off, do have work at home.

Cons

Management can't keep it all together at once, their work at home isn't what they say it is, the pay is below what it should be for the jobs, least it was when I was there. If you are sick long term look out they look to fire you, which is what happened to me. 4 months i was sick and down , couldn't work, drive, much less even do housework, off due to illness under dr care and orders, they didn't agree and gave me a date to come back to work, I told them no I would not go back AMA, us doing healthcare and being in it so long I knew better than to go against dr orders, I told them I would not cause that would leave me hanging for later and they told me either I did or I wouldn't have a job. I didn't go back.

Advice to Management

care about employees and really take time to care and listen

Other Employee Reviews for Cigna

1. "Old School versus New School"

I have been working at Cigna full-time

Pros

Nice place to work in regards to work/life benefits in comparison. Of course you will get the occasional working late periods during the year, but a lot of the wining I hear when this happens are from people that have no idea what it is like outside the company. So working late at Cigna is like normal working hours for a "normal" high pressure day at other companies.

Old school values from old school employees is much appreciated. Glad to know people still appreciate their family time and can separate work from life.

Cons

New school blood coming with no concept of work/life is starting to shake things up. But at the end of the day it is an insurance company and all insurance companies move at similar tempos. Interesting watching the new folks shake things up with the incumbents watching in wait.

Advice to Management

I was fortunate to have great managers. However, my colleagues were not so lucky. I will say this... some managers know how to manage projects (good), but don't know how to manage people (bad). More well rounded managers needed... projects get done, but with a cost and no long term loyalty.

"If you wish to be treated like a two year old it would be a wonderful place to work"

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Life/work environment balance is wonderful

Cons

VERY unbending with any "rule" unless it is useful for upliner to bend.

Advice to Management

let go of all the snooping to see if your employees are working....they are adults!