Cigna - Cordani is a Corporate Genius! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

"Cordani is a Corporate Genius!"

Current Employee - Talent Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Talent Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

David Cordani has created a highly talented and well grounded leadership team who will do great things for Cigna. There is much flexibility and work life balance. Work at home for many. Room to grow for most. Strong Ethics and company values many great people. Home office and other facilities are great. It's very nice and comfortable. Great benefits and discounts. New college grads have great opportunity to get in and grow. Fast paced company- lots of hard workers who are highly dedicated. Global expansion is positive. Go Cigna!

Cons

Outside learning and development, professional associations are not supported but there is tuition reimbursement. Yearly rating system is awful. All new hired usually get the lowest rating which keeps them from getting bonus or an increase. Of course they don't know this when they accept an offer HR has a culture and sub culture that is horrible but no one wants to change. It's a shame.
Hiring the best does not always happen- takes too long to fill openings. Employee reviews are done by only the current manager. Very subjective and not necessarily accurate or fair. APOs are vague . Job posting system is terrible.

Advice to Management

Improve the culture in HR. Get them to know each other and care about each other. It's every man for himself. I don't see the team caring or helping each other. The HR area should be setting the standards instead of throwing each other under the bus. It's a shark tank! So wrong compared to Cordani's leadership. Maybe he doesn't know?

Other Employee Reviews for Cigna

1. "solid employer with growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Customer Service Analyst in Bourbonnais, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Analyst in Bourbonnais, IL

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

flexible work shifts, great paid time off allowance, comfortable work environment, many opportunities to grow once you are in the door

Cons

some late hour shifts, many systems to learn,

Advice to Management

consider the value of listening and acting on recommendations of front line staff for overall company growth

"Excellent company with great opportunities for career growth!"

Current Employee - Business Project Manager in Scranton, PA
    Current Employee - Business Project Manager in Scranton, PA

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been afforded a lot of opportunities and been able to maximize my potential at Cigna. Also, in my role I am able to have a flexible work schedule and work from home when necessary.

Cons

There are times that we have to work under pretty tight deadlines which translates into some late night work and a loss of the work/life balance. It doesn't happen all the time but can be tough when it does happen.