Cigna - Good company | Glassdoor

"Good company"

Former Employee - Claims Processor in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Claims Processor in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have good benefits for employees, work environment is good.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to get a promotion.

Other Employee Reviews for Cigna

1. "Great company to work for."

Former Employee - Billing & Account Services Associate in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Billing & Account Services Associate in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fair wages with potential to advance, good benefits including pension and 401k , sufficient paid time off. Pleasant environment. Some positions have the opportunity to work from home. This is the best company I have had the pleasure to work for.

Cons

Can be stressful at times but overall I enjoyed my time with the company. Wish I was still there. Laid off due to consolidation .

Advice to Management

Treat all staff equally. No favorites.

"Cordani is a Corporate Genius!"

Current Employee - Talent Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Talent Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

David Cordani has created a highly talented and well grounded leadership team who will do great things for Cigna. There is much flexibility and work life balance. Work at home for many. Room to grow for most. Strong Ethics and company values many great people. Home office and other facilities are great. It's very nice and comfortable. Great benefits and discounts. New college grads have great opportunity to get in and grow. Fast paced company- lots of hard workers who are highly dedicated. Global expansion is positive. Go Cigna!

Cons

Outside learning and development, professional associations are not supported but there is tuition reimbursement. Yearly rating system is awful. All new hired usually get the lowest rating which keeps them from getting bonus or an increase. Of course they don't know this when they accept an offer HR has a culture and sub culture that is horrible but no one wants to change. It's a shame.
    Hiring the best does not always happen- takes too long to fill openings. Employee reviews are done by only the current manager. Very subjective and not necessarily accurate or fair. APOs are vague . Job posting system is terrible.

Advice to Management

Improve the culture in HR. Get them to know each other and care about each other. It's every man for himself. I don't see the team caring or helping each other. The HR area should be setting the standards instead of throwing each other under the bus. It's a shark tank! So wrong compared to Cordani's leadership. Maybe he doesn't know?