Cigna - Great place to work with only a couple of caveats | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

"Great place to work with only a couple of caveats"

Current Employee - Informatics Senior Specialist in Bloomfield, CT
Current Employee - Informatics Senior Specialist in Bloomfield, CT

Pros

Flex time, telecommuting part-time opportunities available depending on department, good salary and bonus, very generous time off (at band 4, starting with 23 days paid time off a year with option to buy another week off), partnerships with various charities (including United Way), encourages employees to volunteer in community, I personally have a great manager, location in Bloomfield has other great perks making life easier including onsite cafeteria, gym, health clinic, physical and massage therapists. Pros far outweigh cons, at least for now.

Cons

worst help desk ever, not good health insurance benefits (HRAs and HSAs - consumer-driven health plans), very little diversity in upper management (very few women or other minorities) is discouraging, cheap about offering training to employees. Merit pay system (determination of raises) not very good - management has to grade direct reports on a "curve", giving a certain distribution of performance ratings, which in turn determine raises given. System is unfair and does not promote teamwork.

Advice to Management

Revamp merit pay system, offer more opportunities for professional development and actively work on recruiting a more diverse pool of employees for upper management. And do something about the help desk/technical support. CIGNA does a great job of helping employees with work-life balance (telecommuting, flex time, time off) - best I've seen.

Other Employee Reviews for Cigna

"Great in some ways, terrible in others."

Current Employee - Accounting Senior Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Accounting Senior Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Younger CEO that is moving the company in a better direction. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow professionally.

Cons

Worst health insurance benefits I have ever received, raises fall far below inflation, very tough to advance, lots of politics in certain areas of the company.

Advice to Management

Budget for more fair raises, and give employees decent health coverage. If I worked at The Gap I would expect a good deal on jeans, so since I work at a health insurance company I expect decent benefits.

2. "Good job"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

love my job, great team

Cons

The medical plan is not the best.

Advice to Management

change merit pay