Cimarex Energy - Cimarex Energy Co. Review | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cimarex Energy

"Cimarex Energy Co. Review"

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Tulsa, OK

Pros

The pay and benefits package are very good. The work environment has relatively low stress most of the time. Management encourages a focus on projects, but we are also given a degree of creative freedom. My colleagues are very talented and are always willing to share and help out if a difficult problem prevents progress.

Cons

The major downfall of working for Cimarex is really the same as it is for any energy company. Primarily the enforcement of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. It has added a significant amount of tedious overhead to our department. However, it has also forced us to be thorough and efficient.

Advice to Management

Please continue to run the organization with an emphasis on consistent, sustained growth. I would love to know that Cimarex will be here for a hundred years if that is possible.

Other Employee Reviews for Cimarex Energy

1. "Wonderful Company"

Pros

Cimarex was really taking off when I was employed there. It was an exciting place to be and they treat their employees wonderfully. Best healthcare benefits I have ever had and they were extremely low cost to employees. Excellent 401 match. Tom Jorden would come visit our office and would know all of us by name. All executives were extremely friendly and approachable. All in all I was devastated to have to leave my job here, and if I wasn't forced to move due to my husband's position I would have never left.

Cons

I cannot think of one bad part about my job at Cimarex or the company in general.

2. "Good Place to work."

Current Employee - Operator I
    Current Employee - Operator I

Pros

Great benefits, Great pay. Laid back

Cons

Lack of training, needs more automation.