Cimarex Energy - Excellent benefits, outstanding peers, but difficult political culture that impacts overall profitability. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cimarex Energy

"Excellent benefits, outstanding peers, but difficult political culture that impacts overall profitability."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Pros

The health benefits, 401K and profit sharing are outstanding and "blue chip." Interdepartmental teamwork is collegial, productive, and professional.

Cons

Intradepartmental conflict is poorly managed from top down, primarily from technical shortcomings or outright timidity of mid management. Overall profitability is often impaired by parochial concerns and a culture of silence and timidity. The rhetoric of candor and irreverence is fully promoted until they are actually used.

Advice to Management

You're too big to benefit from micromanagement by senior-level executives. The sometimes-astonishing capabilities and acumen of upper management are poorly allocated, at least in exploration.

Other Employee Reviews for Cimarex Energy

"Cimarex Energy Co. Review"

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Tulsa, OK

Pros

The pay and benefits package are very good. The work environment has relatively low stress most of the time. Management encourages a focus on projects, but we are also given a degree of creative freedom. My colleagues are very talented and are always willing to share and help out if a difficult problem prevents progress.

Cons

The major downfall of working for Cimarex is really the same as it is for any energy company. Primarily the enforcement of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. It has added a significant amount of tedious overhead to our department. However, it has also forced us to be thorough and efficient.

Advice to Management

Please continue to run the organization with an emphasis on consistent, sustained growth. I would love to know that Cimarex will be here for a hundred years if that is possible.

2. "Wonderful Company"

Pros

Cimarex was really taking off when I was employed there. It was an exciting place to be and they treat their employees wonderfully. Best healthcare benefits I have ever had and they were extremely low cost to employees. Excellent 401 match. Tom Jorden would come visit our office and would know all of us by name. All executives were extremely friendly and approachable. All in all I was devastated to have to leave my job here, and if I wasn't forced to move due to my husband's position I would have never left.

Cons

I cannot think of one bad part about my job at Cimarex or the company in general.