Cincinnati Financial - This place is like working in Bedrock. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cincinnati Financial

"This place is like working in Bedrock."

Current Employee - Administrative Support in Fairfield, OH
Current Employee - Administrative Support in Fairfield, OH

I have been working at Cincinnati Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A few nice people. The rest kinda let their "titles" go to their heads. Mainly the Underwriters are like this as they think their job is the end all be all of jobs. It's like Really?...Really?...okay...whatever you say Mr. & Mrs. I don't know what I'm doing and need the "Team Leader" to tell me everything but how to blow my nose.

Cons

Remember The Flintstones? Mr. Slate's office had that bird that use to peck out the words or they carved out letters on stone tablets. This place is even more behind the times than that. Their software is so behind the times it's ridiculous. Hey guys...why don't you step boldly into the early 90's and get more modern software! 1983 called and it wants it's programs back! This place is so far behind the times I'm surprised they don't still use Morris Code.

Advice to Management

Ditch the "good ole boy/girl" mentality you got going on there. This place is worse than Junior High with it's unofficial little clicks. I'll say this...if you love Football and Baseball (I mean REALLY love it) and talk about it 8 hrs per day...you'll fit in just fine. All while current management ignores the talented and hard workers they do have. Lose this mentality if you want to be a greater success.

Other Employee Reviews for Cincinnati Financial

"My experience at Cincinnati Life Insurance Company has been mediocre so far."

Current Employee - List Bill Specialist Premium Accounting in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - List Bill Specialist Premium Accounting in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cincinnati Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stability of company is a plus along with benefits that are offered. Training classes are also offered. Work hours are decent. Excellent lunch room options.

Cons

Hard to be rewarded for your individual abilities and to advance against long time employees. Technology not used to fullest potential by employees. Training classes offered but no time to take them due to workload. HR does not seem to focus on individuals abilities and accept managers recommendations.

2. "Summer Intern, first time experience to insurance. Learned alot in three months"

Former Intern - Underwriter in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Intern - Underwriter in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Cincinnati Financial as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked as a summer intern in the commercial lines underwriting department. Underwriting was a good place to start with no prior insurance knowledge, considering it is one of the most important parts of the Insurance industry.

Cons

Very structured, alot of full time employees were over worked and didn't have much flexibility.

Advice to Management

Listen to employee feedback.