Cinemark - Pretty Easy/Laid back, but almost no room for advancement | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cinemark

"Pretty Easy/Laid back, but almost no room for advancement"

Current Employee - Usher in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Usher in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Cinemark part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Free Movies.
-Flexible Schedule.
-Easy to make friends with coworkers.
-Free popcorn and drinks while working.
-50% concession discount while working.

Cons

-Customers complain to you about things out of your control (concession prices, How one side of the concession stand is closed, etc.)
-Unprofessional management who usually do the bare minimum amount of work, and blame it on the employees when confronted.
-Very low pay and raises are minimal in the rare instance they are given.
-Promotions are given out based on favoritism, not on merit.
-Employees get little to no recognition for doing more work than others, rather than just standing around.
-50% concession discount only applies to employees on the clock.

Advice to Management

Let employees know that their hard work is appreciated and consider giving employees promotions for the right reasons.

Other Employee Reviews for Cinemark

1. "It is a lot of work for little pay."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Pasadena, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Pasadena, TX

I have been working at Cinemark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to preview movies
    Half off of everything
    It is a fun job to start at

Cons

It is open every day of the year so you must work all weekends and holidays
    Managers do not make much more that employees
    Every general manager is different. You can be a senior manager at one theatre making a few dollars less than one who just started at a theatre twenty minutes away.

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone is enforcing the same rules

"It's been the funnest work environment I've ever been in."

Current Employee - Concessions in Union City, CA
    Current Employee - Concessions in Union City, CA

Pros

The work environment is a lot of fun. The employees they hire are fun people, mostly the younger crowd. Management is fun as well, not being too strict with their rules. They still follow their guidelines, it's just that they do it without the heavy hammer and chains.

Cons

The biggest downside would be the hourly wage. It's minimum wage, even though all the employees work hard, and multitask every single day they work. Not only that, but the hours can be very tiring. Sometimes employees don't leave until 2:30 in the morning on weekends. Raises are hard to come by as well. It's a fun work environment, but it doesn't fully coat the greediness the corporation holds on its employees.

Advice to Management

The leadership in the Union City Cinemark is the best I've ever had. This advice is meant for the corporate higher-ups, such as the CEO.
    Please consider all the work we, your employees, do to keep your cinemas running. We clean, serve, learn, and clean more, and yet it feels like we're regarded as though we do not much of anything. A little raise in minimum starting pay would be fine, as well as more frequent, or better raises. Just show us you care for your thousands of employees' hard work.