Cinemark - Lots of Hours, Low Pay, Great Coworkers, Decent Perks. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cinemark

"Lots of Hours, Low Pay, Great Coworkers, Decent Perks."

Former Employee - Concessionist in McAllen, TX
Former Employee - Concessionist in McAllen, TX

I worked at Cinemark part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Popcorn and Soda/Icee
Free Movie and for +1

Cons

Low Pay
Management was not helpful

Advice to Management

Let people sort out their own inventory, or don't get mad at them if the person you assigned to do it for them messes up.

Other Employee Reviews for Cinemark

"Assistant manager Hourly"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Wooster, OH
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Wooster, OH

I worked at Cinemark part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free movies, The job is super chill and stress free.

Cons

Poor management staff who play favorites. They theater i was at let their emotions influence the way they ran the theater. terrible pay. I was wronged by the company.

Advice to Management

I had worked for the company for three years and had never been late. After a storm knocked out the power my alarm did not go off. I got a call from floor staff asking where i was at. I immediately rushed to the theater and in a scramble still managed to open the doors in time "15 min before the first showing". It was the movie hop being that it was a kids movie it was insanely busy. Everything went smoothly through the rush and business continued as normal. The next day I had informed my manager about being 30 min late but managed to open on time. She then took me into the office and fired me claiming a customer has complained about the lines and burnt popcorn and then fired me along with black listing me from the company. I find this to be ridiculous that i was let go for being late 30 min the first time in 3 years. Another incident happened with another manager where he was 3 hours late and completely missed the entire first set of movies. so none of the first showings for ten different movies did not play. This manager was reprimanded with a week suspension and a couple years later given his own theater and promoted to gm. This is a big issue I feel like a was wronged and the company plays favorites. This was a job I loved and would have made a career out of but this is just poor company policy. Lucky I haven't sued for mis-conduct.
    Upper management need to be less involved with employee social life and not let their emotions or fav employee run the business for them. People make mistakes they should be understanding of this and not be so quick to ruin someones career based on ridiculous claims.

2. "Fun place for first job."

Former Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office in Mishawaka, IN
    Former Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office in Mishawaka, IN

I worked at Cinemark part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work. Get to watch movies for free. Easy work.

Cons

Minimum wage, crappy customers sometimes.

Advice to Management

Be a little more professional sometimes.