Cintas - Intern Position | Glassdoor

"Intern Position"

Current Employee - Intern in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Intern in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Cintas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fiendly environment, all the employees are nice. Management is great!

Cons

Alot of psyical activity. very fast past( can be a good thing)

Other Employee Reviews for Cintas

"UNETHICEL!!"

Former Employee - Service Manager in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I worked at Cintas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Builing relationships with partners and customers

Cons

Cheat and rip off customers
    Work Life Cycle
    Unappreciated
    Favortism
    Upper Management

Advice to Management

How can you say your company is etical when you are constantly shorting your customers?
    Customers are shorted towels, aprons, mats, FS products, and even clothes. Are they issued a credit? NO, if they complain that they have run out you just increase their inventory for more products and revenue. If you have been around Cintas long enough, you know what I am talking about. They have even come up with names for it. "Shake and Bake", lets take out dirty mats at customer locations to the truck and shake off the dirt and take the dirty mat back in and put on the floor and charge the customer for it. Add water to the chemicals, why not the customer doesnt know. They just pay the bill. A garment gets damaged in a Cintas facility, blame the customer for it. Charge them for damaging the garment. More revenue. SSR's are embarrassed so they just sneak the bill in without pointing out that their is an extra charge on the invoice. Or they credit it off, only to get barked at by check in or management for losing revenue. Not to mention the continuous price increases. The all time record for me was 7 price increases in one year. Got to get those lost replacement charges. I guess going back to ethics, it is ok to charge the customers more for lost replacements than the rental for a product. When a customer complains about the price increases, Cintas basically tells them tough, "you have an Agreement" Sales is taught not to point out that in small print on the back of a Cintas Agreement that a customer can reject a price increase if they do so within 10 days, how to get around that, dont let on that they got a price increase. Only the customers that really dig into their agreements will notice the change or the notice in the front of the invoice. Dont count on someone from Cintas to do it.

Upper management brags that they can get rid of anyone at any time. Even for no reason, they can come up with anything on a write up. Work 12 to 16 hours a day, to only be threated "Do you want to be fired" "Do you want a C123" "No one is safe" Meanwhile they take advanatge of the position by not showing up for work, hardly making meetings (even scheduled meetings), and pushing their work off on others. Not to mention sending out emails past the deadlines, and blaming you for not getting the task done on time.

Compensation on Reviews are figured out by how much dollar amount not the percentage on what you shoud receive. No one is promoted without a College Degree, even if they have put in the time and have the knowledge. They would rather bring in new hires as Management Trainees that do not have the experience and are way over their heads.

Individuals are hired not by scores on pre employeement tests or what they can bring to the table. It is determined by who liked them, if you can get away with putting them to the grind. One instance where someone scored so low they should have been turned away, but was hired over someone that scored more than double than they did only because she had the like factor. Back to ethics.

2. "Company is good but this location is bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bossier City, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bossier City, LA

I have been working at Cintas full-time

Pros

Cintas has the right ideas, morals and values of how a company should operate and treat their employees. I've seen some locations that really have a happy atmosphere.

Cons

I read other people's cons to the pay for work expected and figured it couldn't be that bad. They are right! I wear way more hats than I should for the pay I receive. It is ridiculous the amount of work I do for the measly pay I receive. My Cintas does not have a strong GM and does not fully back his management team.

Advice to Management

My job description needs to be rewritten or my boss needs to realize that I am not his personal assistant. I wish my boss wouldn't be so afraid of getting rid of people who spread anger and poison - some of their positions could be easily replaced with more emotionally stable people that could create a much nicer working place. Just because they are as old as the dirt around the building doesn't mean they should stay, after all Cintas is supposed to get rid of the dirt.