Cintas - Great company to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cintas

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales/Service Representative
Current Employee - Sales/Service Representative

I have been working at Cintas full-time

Pros

GREAT team atmosphere. The culture at Cintas is one if inclusion. Family values with our local management team is of top priority!

Cons

Sometimes Cintas is slow to respond to the needs of the customer. Sometimes management expects more hours to be put in and requests it in a manner that needs to be re-evaluated.

Advice to Management

Be quicker to respond to customer needs.

Other Employee Reviews for Cintas

1. "It's ok"

I have been working at Cintas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong company, can go far in the company as long as you know how to KISS BUTT!

Cons

Management sucks, some locations probably do well but others are ran by Hitlers' cousins!

Advice to Management

Take a close look at the management in place and listen to the employees when complaints are made

"Cintas is a good place to gain the skills necessary to go somewhere else and actually earn a living."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

I have been working at Cintas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Training Program, Good Reputation in the business community helps lead to other positions, Consistent Stock Performance, their benefits package is pretty decent.

Cons

There are two major downside to working for Cintas.
    The first issue is the pay. The payscale at Cintas for support staff is abysmal. I work in accounting and we have a revolving door of accountants who come here out of college, make next to nothing, but work for two years to get experience and then leave for greener pastures. When questioned about the turnover issue, the CFO Bill Gale said in front of all of accounting/finance that he wouldn't raise the payscale as long as there was a never ending line of people willing to take the lower pay. As you can imagine, this hurt morale and made those of us who have stuck around feel like suckers for taking lower pay. Since that speech six months ago, the turnover rate has doubled within our department.

The second issue is the culture. The culture is oppressive. You are not an individual, you are a drone. You will not have your own thoughts and feeling, Cintas owns everything about you, and if you step out of line, you will be punished. I have had several higher ups scream at me in front of my staff because I dared to have an independent thought. Here are just a few examples of the mind numbing conformity that is required to function at Cintas.
    Everyone is required by policy to back into their parking spaces, because having some cars backed in and some in head first looks messy.
    You are not allowed to have any food at your desk, because to them you are a little child who will inevitably spill something.
    You must not openly question policy, or the executive staff
    Shoes must be polished at all times...I seriously had a supervisor yell at me in front of a whole room full of people because my shoes had a scuff.
    Also, you had better be prepared to work 60-70 hour weeks, forever...because as they say "That is the Cintas Way"

Advice to Management

It wouldn't make a difference so why bother....