Cintas - High Demands, Low Pay | Glassdoor

"High Demands, Low Pay"

Current Employee - Partner in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Partner in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cintas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

40 hour work week with weekends off.

Cons

The pay is ridiculously low while the demands are high. I switched positions 2 months ago but I'm not even making what the position starts at. I'm expected to take over for other people, also with higher paying jobs, on a regular basis. Very little incentive to perform based on this alone.

Drivers at this location are rude, get in the way, make messes for others and still expect your help. I guess a sense of entitlement comes with the uniform.

In safety champion meetings, employees are encouraged to take matters with co-workers into their own hands. Management doesn't want to deal with that part of their job. In response to a comment made that not everyone was doing their morning stretches, the floor manager actually said "Legally we can't make them do the stretches, but we can peer pressure them into it."

The friendly facade wears thin but you can count on management dropping it whenever there's an opportunity to speak to you in a condescending tone. Which happens often. When the corporate people come in, they speak to the employees as though they're in kindergarten. It's embarrassing and demeaning.

Not enough time is given off for major holidays.

Advice to Management

PAY YOUR PEOPLE.
Set up labor grades, a basic rate of pay for each position, and give it to your employees the day they begin doing that job. The wages are at the root of your high turn over rate. People will work hard for you and overlook a lot of things if they're being paid a wage a person can actually live on.

Other Employee Reviews for Cintas

"Cintas is a great company that provides a quality service and listens to their customers."

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cintas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cintas Partners are wonderful people! They all understand that the service aspect is the heart of the business and strive to develop and support one another.
    Cintas' values and mission are future focused and goal oriented. Weekly coaching is given and the freedom to run your "own business" is provided.

Cons

Communication between management and other partners can become clouded due to profitability goals or requirements.
    Office Partners are often required to complete multiple roles due to the hopes of saving money.

Advice to Management

When a change is made or announced, please follow through with it.

Be sure to remember to take into consideration the service partners when making any decision, not just profitability.

2. "driver"

Current Employee - SSR in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - SSR in Miami, FL

I have been working at Cintas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

weekly pay and flexible hours

Cons

pay is low compare with the responsabilities given

Advice to Management

share wealth