Circle K - It was very educational and fun | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Circle K

"It was very educational and fun"

Pros

There is a fun staff to work with. It's also awesome to learn about all the products that a convenient store sells and to memorize all the special deals to share with family and friends.

Cons

You have to stand the entire shift and the lunch break is very short compared to other jobs I've had.

Advice to Management

Keep up all the good work! I really enjoyed the online training program that we all needed to go through in order to work in the store. However, I wish there was more interaction between stores and the management.

Other Employee Reviews for Circle K

1. "Its a great Company that is always moving forward with innovative ideas."

Current Employee - Market Manager
    Current Employee - Market Manager

Pros

I'm treated as family, the people are great. There is work / life balance at all levels. There is room to grow and develop with the company.

Cons

Salary package is not great, bonus plan could use refining for store managers and Store Asts. Store Asts are not payed as well as other competitor companies.

Advice to Management

Employees enjoy working for the company, but would see less turnover if salary package and bonus plan was comparable to other retailers. There are great employees that have stuck by the company's side during the economic down fall and did not receive a pay increase or received very little. There should be a nice boost for them for the next annual reviews.

2. "Miserable but generally pays the bills"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

High job turnover, so positions are often available when you apply.

Makes a steady wage an hour.

No special knowledge needed to begin work.

Often meet interesting people (both among co-workers and customers).

Generally very flexible work hours. (I'm also attending school; my manager has been very generous while working out my schedule)

Cons

High job turnover, so you may get fired at the drop of a hat.

Makes only 7.25 to begin with, too little for the time put in.

Sometimes there are terrible people and situations. Angry customers threatening to make you lose your job, managers that seem to do the same.

There's always a chance you could get robbed, even in full daylight.

Also, I've had trouble getting paid some weeks. I'm glad I've started keeping close track. I've had to call my manager about amounts from $7 to $45 missing from my paycheck. She's fixed them every time, but the money still doesn't come in until a few days later- can be hard to pay the bills. My advice to employees: be patient, polite, and double-check your paycheck.

Advice to Management

Be patient with your new employees, be flexible with their hours, be understanding when an emergency has come up and they're late or can't come in, and try not to terminate them without giving them a few warnings first.