Cisco Systems - Decent Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Decent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and flexible work environment and great place to grow

Cons

Like any large company they are slow at times and need focus more on customer facing activities. Leadership is often spotty, complacent and doesn't communicate well.

Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems

1. "Worked as a student employee"

Former Employee - Student Research Assistant in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Student Research Assistant in Wichita, KS

I worked at Cisco Systems part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Got to play with a lot of new devices and learned a lot. Really friendly staff.

Cons

None. I don't think there are any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

2. "Monster sized company with small startup like spirit"

Former Employee - Technical Marketing Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Marketing Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You would think that at a company that owns more than 70% marketshare would be frought with ego and islands. This might be true as you start moving up the food chain, however at the individual contributor level - there is a great deal of comraderie as everyone feels like a "little fish" in a big pond - and even the most veteran employees - still would collaborate. There is a great sense of trust. The culture is extremely collaborative with an idea that we are all virtually on the same team (because eventually you probably will be.) A LOT of cross-teaming and matrix ran projects across the board. I might be subjective because I had the fortune of working out of the bay area - I know that Cisco employees that were not close to corporate had less than nice things and feelings about it.

Cons

The only constant is change. In over 10 years, I had over 10 managers without really having to change teams very much. There seems to be a lot of flexibility within the org structure that ends up with a lot of revisions to applications, tools, processes, and structure.

Talk about frugal!!! No free sodas anymore- and the cafeteria prices are higher than some of the restaurants that are within walking distance of campus. There are basically no more perks left at Cisco other than the chance to use a macbook air as your standard pc and that somewhere someone back in engineering has probably created an "app for that" if you can't find what you're looking for on the intranet.

Advice to Management

Standardize across the company on how management should review and track employee progress.