Cisco Systems - They care about employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

"They care about employees"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. Cisco works very hard to put excellent people in their roles that collaborate together. In the time that I have been here I have found all my coworkers very helpful; we all work together to make sure we are all successful.

Cons

The money is good but could be better.
Each year there are management changes which are good and bad. You never know if you will be working for the same manager for more than one year. If you really love your manager you may not have him the next year.
Fortunately most managers are great people and also try and make you successful at what you do.
Big challenge with expense control. Sometimes it's limiting to doing your job.

Advice to Management

Focus on the competition and be faster at competing.

Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems

"Huge company, horrible communication and organization, lack of benefits for contractors, operates on mostly contractors."

Current Contractor - Linux Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Contractor - Linux Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Seems to be a team oriented organization. Lots of collaboration encouraged, overtime seems to be expected and encouraged, facilities are generally accommodating.

Cons

Huge company. Mostly contractors, probably more contractors than permanent employees. Department heads, directors, and managers seem to have too much power, and if they get offended by your trying to help the team they'll fire you. Communication is horrible. Organization of departments and information are worse. IWE (Webex Social) was implemented as the internal social wiki, and it is not conducive to information organization or communication.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees! Get rid of WebEx Social! If your employees or contractors are telling you something that you take offense to or are averse to, maybe there is a reason for it. Instead of just getting someone fired, hold a webex and listen to them! Explain why they offended you and ask if that was what they meant. If you don't fix this it'll destroy the company.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting work
    Excellent payLearn and grow

Cons

Can be stressful and a lot of work